Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Good afternoon MR,

im about to move to a new space with my new little family, and so many people told me that the easiest way to move a tank is to just start up a tank in that new space and just slowly move your livestock over. ive been reefing for about 3 years and from what i've learn from these 3 years is that 1 day break down and putting up a tank is the most stressful and worst experience in all of the hobby.
i've upgrade tank 2 times since and each time i learned something new.
first time i used the same sand and i had alot of death to my SPS​
second time i used new sand and i had only 1 or 2 colonies die​

this time i will be moving livestock from one tank to the other hopefully everything will go smoothly. if anyone has any advise id love to hear it.
the one thing i cant afford is new rock, so i will have to some how get all my rock from one spot to the other spot. how do you guys suggest i do that ? should i go all at once ? or should i go piece by piece ?
any how if you take a look at my current set up i have some marinepure balls chillaxing in my fuge for a few months now. i will seed my new tank with that first.

my current set up is a cadlight artisan 50 gallon, and i have a custom sump from the custom sump king himself jeff.
(which will go on sale after i transfer everything) :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_6561.jpg
    IMG_6561.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_6562.jpg
    IMG_6562.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 537
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
redsea reefer 250 or Elos70

i was debating of purchasing an Redsea Reefer 250; but i hated the sump with such a passion, i knew i was going to have to purchase a new sump which drove the price up on the reefer +300. so i was lucky enough that a fellow reefer was selling an Elos 70 on MR and i jump on that opportunity. my budget was pretty tight with a new family and the pending new move, so im glad this reefer was nice enough to work with me on the price so i can build the tank ive always wanted.
ive learned alot of Do's and Don'ts along the way and now i will try to implement all the things i've always wanted ont his new build.
Although my Last tank was a very clean build i have a wish list of items ive always wanted.
1. i hate that my pump was in the back of my sump​
2. i hate how i have to run a seperate pump for my different media reactors​
3. i hate filter socks with a passion​

so on my To Do list on my new build
1. build a manifold
2. find a sump that has no filter socks
3. no more cube sump

i found that the new emerald trigger sumps fit all my needs.
the number one rule that i follow is if things are easy to get to then you will be more inclined to do it. such as cleaning your pump, changing your filter pads, Changing filter media, and water changes. my new build i will try to make all these things easier in my life. especially with a new born at home i dont have the time to lolligag at the tank like i use to.

i am currently plumbing the drain and just waiting on 1 more piece to come in.
i am half way done with building my manifold.

the tank was in good shape when i got it, but very stubborn water stain that even Vinegar wouldnt get off. i had to use Bar keepers friend to get the glass looking new again. DIY king joey said it was aquarium safe. lets hope he is right.

Attachments

• IMG_6654.jpg
    IMG_6654.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_6655.jpg
    IMG_6655.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 523
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
THIS TANK IS UP AND KICKING !!!
i went with 2 XR15 gen 3 for this build opted for hanging kit instead of the stupid arms.

this is my sump
and this is my tank =D

Attachments

• IMG_7096.jpg
    IMG_7096.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_7108.jpg
    IMG_7108.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 425
  • SAM_0828.jpg
    SAM_0828.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 424

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: