Manhattan Reefs

Manhattan Reefs (https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/)
-   Tank Threads (https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/)
-   -   My SCA 150 GALLON MIXED REEF (https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/198804-my-sca-150-gallon-mixed-reef.html)

ecvernon 11-19-2016 02:40 PM

My SCA 150 GALLON MIXED REEF

5 Attachment(s)
My tank got delivered October 12. Ive been busy setting up everything the way I wanted and forgot to start a Tank Thread. I Moved so this is the upgrade from my girlfriend's Nuvo 20 gallon and my Nuvo 10 gallon reef tanks.

• Main Display: 150 GALLON STARFIRE Tank Stand and Canopy from SCA aquariums 60x24x24

•Lighting: 3x Radion XR-15 running at 50%
4 Bulb Miro T5 retrokit kit running 3 blue plus, 1 purple plus bulbs
3x vantec stealth cooling fans in canopy

• Sump: Trigger systems Tideline 36 sump

• Refugium Section :Marine pure 8x8x4 block and 1 box marine pure balls

•Biological Filteration : Mixed Pukani and Reefcleaners rock from previous tank setups and 2 bags Tropic Eden Reef flakes
• Skimmer: Bubble King Double Cone 180: Red Dragon® 3 Mini Speedy 50 Watt

• Return pump: Reef Octopus Varios 6 return Pump Feeding tank and Manifold

• Water Circulation: 2 jebao PP8 pumps and 1 maspect Gyre 150

• Calcium Reactor: Mtc Minical calcium reactor with ARM media And Carbon doser electronic co2 regulator with 10# tank

• Other Equipment: Apex aqua controller with WXM and 2 EB8 and 2x Geos reef up flow media reactors- 1 cup BRS high capacity GFO, Rox .08 carbon

• Auto Top Off System: Spectrapure Maxcap 180 gallon a day RODI. Top off is done using Tunze Osmolator ATO

• Heating & Cooling: One 500W Finnex titanium heater controlled by Apex aqua controller

ecvernon 11-19-2016 02:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I live in an apartment building an have a fear of leaks from equipment inside the stand. SO one of the first things i did was seal the inside of the stand with silicone and killz paint then installed a shower liner pan in the bottom of the stand. If there is a leak, about 3 inches of water could be contained in the stand sump area. Unfortunately i do not have any pictures of it and its hard to see as I painted everything white with a few coats of paint.

ecvernon 11-19-2016 02:58 PM

Filling and cycling

1 Attachment(s)
Once the plumbing was done I got it filled and started the cycle with Dr Tims One and only. The cycle was complete in less than a week. The tank could process 2 ppm of pure ammonia into nitrates in less than 24 hours.

ecvernon 11-19-2016 03:03 PM

QT tank

1 Attachment(s)
Before I started the tank cycle I had what i thing is the most important part of my tank setup- THE QT TANKS!
This is my first time using a QT tank. Over the past year Ive have alot of sudden fish deaths that i have not had in the hobby before. It was because of incoming parasites from new additions. I decided watching a fish eat in the store was not enough any more and I also have no desire trying to catch a sick fish in a 150 gallon display. I treat the fish with 2 treatments of Prazi Pro and seachem Cupramin. I though this hobby taught me patience until it was time to wait till the 1st batch came out of QT

Rookie2reef 11-19-2016 03:21 PM

Nice set up if I could do it again I would definitely qt fish too, that's how you start up a tank, just make sure you happy with you rock work now lol

ecvernon 11-19-2016 03:24 PM

Fast Forward

5 Attachment(s)
Fast forward to today after first batch of fish finish QT
and corals transfered from both Nuvo tanks

ecvernon 11-19-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie2reef (Post 1715613)
Nice set up if I could do it again I would definitely qt fish too, that's how you start up a tank, just make sure you happy with you rock work now lol

Thanks. I like the aquascape so far. I can actually see my fish swimming. I will have to be very selective in the coral that go in the tank. Usually I would get stuff to "FILL" the tank, but not this time. My girlfriend is heavily involved in this build. She is new to the hobby and hooked! Every thing has to have a certain look. I don't mind at all, its wonderful actually she had no objection to me buying a bubble king skimmer(I told her the real price). LOL

b-ridge 11-19-2016 06:44 PM

Beautiful set up

piranhapat 11-19-2016 06:50 PM

Like your tank looks very sharp. How's the Quality of the glass it looks good and solid. Good luck... that's one of the tanks I looking to buy. How did shipping go I see they often free shipping.

ErickEricka 11-19-2016 07:50 PM

Looks great.