jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I broke down my 75 gal a few months ago. Bigger tank just wasn't for me. It wasn't the extra work but the fact that I'm nuts and want everything perfect and clean at all times. Lol. I have bad knee and was constantly under tank cleaning etc etc. Now with the AIO I am never on the floor. Also cleaning this filter socks was a pain. Now I use filter floss. Change out every other day. No more washing.
So I downgraded to 40 gal Nuvo. Transfer went pretty smooth. Kept most of rock and put the marine pure blocks in rear chamber from my 75. Had to get rid of all my big fish but they went to a good home. Same for my huge clam. I tried to make him fit which he did but it was a tight fit. Lol So I traded for a smaller one. Good part is that all my fish and large clam went to a friend so I get to see them once in a while.
Current equipment:
Tunze 9004 D.C.
Hydra52HD
SmartATO micro
MP10
Apex full
Apex Dos for 2 part
Sicce 2.0 for return
CPR aquatics nano media reactor for gfo

I started out first with mp40qd but the thing was way too strong even on lowest setting. So sold it and went with a Jebao PP4. It's okay. Upgraded to a MP10.
I had no losses. Corals adjusted fine. I always had 0 nitrates 0 phos in my 75. On the 40 the phos is still 0 using this cpr reactor. It's pretty cool and fits perfect in back chamber. It's similar to the spyglass. The water trickles down from top. Easy removing and changing media. Nitrates went up some but they are steady at 20 which I don't mind. Still feeding pretty heavy but not like before. Never been a sps guy but I am starting to collect a few. Colors are nice and deep. Sorry for pics. They are taken using iPhone
Here's a few pics.

Mainly starting this thread so I can keep track of tank and levels
Salinity 1025
Nitrate 20
Phos 0
Cal 420
Alk 8.6

Weekly water 5 gal water changes (esv salt)
Dosing 2 part 17ml each a day

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Everything is growing nicely. Levels still steady. No major changes. Sold apex dos and went with brs dosers. Crazy how sps fighting for more territory against zoas. So it's growing little cones over each zoa polyp. Pretty crazy to see

Attachments

• IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 159

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: