guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
After about 10 years since my first tank (12 gallon), I've finally made it to the big league. Never thought I'd really have anything bigger than a larger nano sized tank, given my space constraints. Taking my time with this one. Any suggestions on lights? Lps and softies; no sps.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 950
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   1
Get a used ATI and new bulbs, six bulb is plenty. If you hate it you can sell it for 90% of what you sold it for. If you love LEDs add a reefbrite or a DIY blue Cree like i did. Super simple solution!

What else do you have as far as equipment? I can give you a few frags to start the tank off and I'm in Manhattan as well...hahah

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Ah that's very nice of you man. Much appreciated. I have some stuff from my Vitrea Unico that should be usable. Apex, 2 MP40's, an Osmocontroller, and will try to use my Sicce 3.5 return pump when I set this up. The Elos 100 came with a PS1000 skimmer so I'm going to try that out. Where in the city are you?

Last edited:

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
If you know you do not want SPS, you do not need a fancy light. That said, there are a million options out there. Get a decent LED fixture and you should be set. No need to block/waste money if you just want waving things in your tank ;)

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I haven't started a thread yet, tank is ready, just remodeling house.

About two weeks out.

I have:
Vertex 180i
Vectra M1
MP40QD x2
Gyre 130 on back wall.
I did hard plumb all equipment and added a larger sump.

Probably adding t5's, still figuring out detail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   1
I'm in Chinatown.

An ATI is fancy? I just mention it because it's proven for everything and cheaper than any other option mentioned, plus bought used can be sold for almost what you bought for, try that with a gen 1 2 3 x LED...

I'd recommend a fancy ATI, perhaps one with gold leaf and jewels....extra fancy :)

gino555

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Not recommending to do it, because the plastic part will breaks an the light will fall in the water. Why Iam telling U this? Because same design was Elos light and some people had this problem including myself. Think twice.

gino555

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
No..., the screw was not tighten all the way down. One day I wake up in the morning and the light fall into the tank . ( thx that tank was not willed with water and so far no damage on the tank also, because the tank was on building process and some other staff was inside the tank (supply for project) and I got lucky. Now only attachment to the sealing works for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: