ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Hello MR, Just like the title says, Anyone has 1000 gallon reef tank, If so what are the dimensions and design layout, Just want to get an idea on the design and dimensions..

Thank you,

Rav

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Ravi u are insane lol 1000 gal the monthly cost to run has to be up there I never actually figured out how much my 220 costs but gotta be well over 100$ a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct Matt, Everyone have different way of running the system. I will be using natural resources to light up the reef and suppliment 100w blue led for accent and Huge sump with lots and lots of rock for natural filteration and I have all the equipment that will support the system, I will use Hotwater heater to heat and pex pipe burried in my backyard to cool it off, I am just getting some ideals before I decide anything.. but lets see where it takes me.. but your points are valid

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I dont have one, but dimension wise. I think a great tank would be 144x48x34. Comes to right around 1000 gallons.

Thank you reefiness, I am thinking about 7.5feet wide, 7.5 feet deep and 3 feet high, I will sit in m y living room window that looks outside my back yard, Window is 7.5 feet wide, 4 feet high

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Thank you reefiness, I am thinking about 7.5feet wide, 7.5 feet deep and 3 feet high, I will sit in m y living room window that looks outside my back yard, Window is 7.5 feet wide, 4 feet high

Good luck reaching the middle of the 7.5 ft tank. Would definitely look stunning though. Youll probably need a catwalk over the tank.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
If I could give my two cents. Those dimensions are going to be very difficult for maintenance. Brutal to be honest. Try to go length and really anything deeper than four feet will require you to enroll in yoga and have something built like what was said above. Also I found that 32" height is a really manageable depth.(and I have long arms and the right equipment). You can go higher just gets harder. Note all this is moot point if you have someone maintaining it. If it were me I would go as long as you can 10-12' and 4' in width to 30-34" height. that will get you to your number and you can still have "relatively" easy maintenance. The reason for relative is that any tank over 500 gallons takes a considerable amount of time to keep pristine.
I am actually dealing with a couple companies at the moment for a similar behemoth. Pm me if you want to chat.

Thane

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Good luck reaching the middle of the 7.5 ft tank. Would definitely look stunning though. Youll probably need a catwalk over the tank.

That is the plan and rock work will be on the over flow side and it will cascade down from that side so I have view from 3 sides, I will cement pvc pipes on variuos places to hold frags just to make it easy but there will be removeable cat walk where I can lay down work lol it will be tough but worth the effort,

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
If I could give my two cents. Those dimensions are going to be very difficult for maintenance. Brutal to be honest. Try to go length and really anything deeper than four feet will require you to enroll in yoga and have something built like what was said above. Also I found that 32" height is a really manageable depth.(and I have long arms and the right equipment). You can go higher just gets harder. Note all this is moot point if you have someone maintaining it. If it were me I would go as long as you can 10-12' and 4' in width to 30-34" height. that will get you to your number and you can still have "relatively" easy maintenance. The reason for relative is that any tank over 500 gallons takes a considerable amount of time to keep pristine.
I am actually dealing with a couple companies at the moment for a similar behemoth. Pm me if you want to chat.

Thane

Thank you for your reply Thane, this is why I am taking suggestions, what you suggested will be good idea, I am getting some pictures from other members who own tanks and I will see how they are designed. Thank you

Rav

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Thane
+1

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tacson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I did the pex line to heat up my tank, connected to my hot water tank for the house ..

You are correct Matt, Everyone have different way of running the system. I will be using natural resources to light up the reef and suppliment 100w blue led for accent and Huge sump with lots and lots of rock for natural filteration and I have all the equipment that will support the system, I will use Hotwater heater to heat and pex pipe burried in my backyard to cool it off, I am just getting some ideals before I decide anything.. but lets see where it takes me.. but your points are valid

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: