Bouzikli1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just finished building out this Novo 30L i saw some people needed help with what to add to the tank because the return and filter side is limited. The company offers some of their own skimmers such as ghost and reactors but the reviews are par or horrible. Hears some pictures of my finished detail.

Added an ice cap K1 skimmer which fit beautifully and works fantastic in (one day)

Media reactor by Innovative marine (nano desk top kind) did bio pellet by pearl

ATO by Ice cap. good Quilty could have gone with innovate marine but wanted to same some room since their ato system is tine

Led made by spectrium Chinese made. cant say enough about the auto timer and my corals are in love with it. Just which they had bracket for it.

for the those who want the Tunze skimmer i suggest to stay away from 9004 although beautifully built you need to loose the sock in chamber one. to me that defeats the purpose of what this awesome tank does. Did not buy the Tunze 9001 but i am told it will work. However i did the traditional look of skimmer with comline it has done wonders so far.

Attachments

• 20180217_132834.jpg
    20180217_132834.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 686
  • 20180218_085027.jpg
    20180218_085027.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 450
  • 20180217_132843.jpg
    20180217_132843.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 479
  • 20180217_132229.jpg
    20180217_132229.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

Bouzikli1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inwas going to purchase the ghost skimmer and I even spoke with marinedepot guys they all verfiy that the reviews are true. There's some kind of faulty or issue with the way it was made. I tried everything up until I found this. I'd be honest it's been in their for 4 days it broke in first day when usually Takes a week. I'm getting green slim everyday. Collection cup is pretty cool. So far I love it

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Inwas going to purchase the ghost skimmer and I even spoke with marinedepot guys they all verfiy that the reviews are true. There's some kind of faulty or issue with the way it was made. I tried everything up until I found this. I'd be honest it's been in their for 4 days it broke in first day when usually Takes a week. I'm getting green slim everyday. Collection cup is pretty cool. So far I love it
Thanks..i like the more conventional looking skimmers better than the square shaped ghost skimmers..thanks for the info..quick question would it for in the first chamber of my 20 nuvo?if so then I'm buying it

Bouzikli1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The base is round so you have close to 2.5 space to fit it in. I'm against loesing a sock for my bioload. You add it in the back chamber of your return their should be room. My 30l had it's own chamber so it was sweet

Bouzikli1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If in were you branespiken I would stay away. I saw bad reviews on that. And that was one thing I was thinking of buying. Purchase it on Amazon at least try it out first. To be honest this skimmer is 10 dollars cheaper but it's conventional like old school and it works

Bouzikli1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would deff purchase a back up pump as I have the user above is right. However I am still using th one it came with. It's quit powerfull and does a great job even with the return. But like I said I would purchase an upgrade and use it as back up

Little Blue

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded mine to a jecod dcs-2000 dc controllable pump and I'm so glad I did.by the way the ice cap skimmer works awesome except the magnetic ring won't work my my 20 Nuvo cause the dimensions are different

I?ll 2nd Jebao 2000 dc pump. Run original pump for exactly one day. Didn?t like it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: