iTzJu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Background: I've been in and out hobby for the past couple years due to tank crashes, available time, and life in general. Fast track to a more present time, I setup a Deep Blue 80 Gallon winter 2016 upgrading from a 57 Gallon but ultimately had to break down last April due to a hectic work schedule. Sold off most of the corals and livestock and just kept the equipment. Now, renovations are being done in the basement so this gave me a perfect scenario to try and setup the 80 Gallon again.

Main Tank Equipment List:
  • Deep Blue 80 Gallon Rimless RR 48x24x16
  • 30 Gallon DIY Refugium
  • Trigger Systems Crytal 30 Sump
  • 46" AquaticLife XS-US Series LED
  • 4 x T5 36" Retrofit
  • 2 x sBar 36" Actinic LED Bars
  • 2 x Ecotech Vortech MP40
  • Jebao DCP5000 Return Pump
  • 2 x 300w Cobalt Neo-therm Heaters
  • Reef Octopus Regal 150 or Reef Octopus 110sss (Depending on Fish Load)
  • AquaMaxx Star S-1 Calcium Reactor
  • Aquarium-plants Regulator with 20lb CO2 Tank
  • Cole Parmer MASTERFLEX 7520-40 Continuous Peristaltic Pump
  • Apex Classic System
  • Future Frag Tank Equipment List:
  • Deep Blue 34 Gallon Rimless 36x18x12
  • 2 x Kessil 360we
  • 2 x Jebao CP25
  • Apex Junior System

The above list is all the equipment on hand. Once I have everything setup, might change out a few things but the above list is pretty much what will sum up the equipment planned. The frag tank, I am undecided if i will be plumbing that with the main system or will be running independently. I am leaning towards independently so I will have a sort of "quarantine" tank for new coral arrivals.

Planned Livestock List:

Fish/Inverts:

• Blue Hippo Tang
  • Yellow Tang
  • Sailfin Tang
  • Pair of Clowns (Designer Variant)
  • 2 x Fire fish
  • 2 x Banghaii Cardinals
  • Algae Blenny
  • 2 x Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
  • Various Snails for CUC

Corals:
  • Mixed Reef, SPS Dominant

I will be really sticking to the fish list, going to try not to make any spontaneous additions to the list. Also, for the tang police out there, those tangs will be small and will eventually move them out to bigger homes once they out grow the tank.

As far as the corals go, this tank will be a bare bottom SPS dominated reef tank. I will be mostly looking for basic sticks that I have always enjoyed and may splurge on some of the hyped up ones.

I will try to keep this thread updated but don't expect anything soon. I just wanted to get this thread started for now and once the renovations in the basement are done. I can focus on the (re)Build.

attached is a pic of the 80 before I tore it down:

Attachments

• yr1f25V.jpg
    yr1f25V.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

iTzJu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Thanks to a fellow reefer suggestion, I was able to grab 2 40 Gallon water containers from ruralking.com with free shipping. Can't wait to get those in, hate the look of brute cans!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: