Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2019, 03:20 PM
ReefBuilder
Reefer Ratings: (107 (100%)
Friends: (16)
Send a Private Message
I like how you have the power block holders. Well done. I will be borrowing that idea for sure.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:35 PM
Reefer Ratings: (49 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Sure Mike, let me know I will give you name of the vendor..
Old 02-27-2019, 03:55 PM
ReefBuilder
Send a Private Message
Thanks - Just going to use your design I will build it. But thank you!
Old 02-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Send a Private Message
oh ok, please text me your design as well, are you going to use 3d printer ?
Old 02-27-2019, 05:17 PM
www.reeftrends.com
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (41 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Mike I need some if you are going to make a few.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:49 PM
ReefBuilder
Send a Private Message
I didnt realize they were 3d printed. Looked like wood in the picture.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:13 AM
Send a Private Message
these are 3d printed and they are white to it looks good and neat on white painted wood..
Old 03-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Hello guys so my 350 gallon sump is filled all the way and I have turned on close loop pump for my sump that powers my sea swirls that pushes water to the front of the sump which was the idea, I wanted to have all the detritus push on the front so that I can be syphon out of the system and as you guys can see the pictures it is doing its job and water is moving so well that I can see the swirls on the surface when water hits the side and front wall of the sump, I have plumbed my nitrate reactor that holds ton of ceramic media, I have installed 1.5 inch drain and I call that Skimmer and reactors drain, nitrate reactor and my cheato reactor and my skimmer will be draining via this 1.5" drain, I have installed 3 of 1.5" "T" and using reducers to connect drains from my reactors. cheato and nitrate reactor will have very low water flow through the reactors so that tank water can reactor to bacteria in the reactor and cheato has enough time to process tank water to remove nutrients, My electrician came Sunday and installed 20 amp circuit which is dedicated circuit to run the tank, these 6 outlets are controlled by 20 amp GFI and 20 amp breaker, all the outlet boxes are grounded and mounted high on top away from water, He installed 1 switch and socket for bulb because I found that it was not bright enough on that side when I was working on plumbing so that is solved as well, I have manifold build that will run my reactors and feed my protein skimmer, it has 6 outlets but I will be using only 3 for now, I was able to tuck in my calcium reactor that I bought from fellow reefer and it is commercial size reef octopus calcium reactor, size is 26 inches high x 12 inch diameter and it is driven by reeflow dart pump. this thing is monster and I will be using DaStaCo pro media which I got in the mail and it is 5 gallon bucket of pure lab grade 99% Alk and Calcium at 6.0 ph in reactor, I will be rinsing the media and fill up the reactor with this media, I have cole parmer pump that will be using to pull water from sump through the reactor, speed of cole parmer peristaltic pump is controlled with solid state driver and I am using #24 tubing for this pump, it is old fashioned pump which is dc motor and I have upgraded the head with Masterflex Easy load. I will be uploading the pictures later this week when I connect the pump and fire up the calcium reactor without co2. just want to make sure there are no leaks. here are some of the pictures of sump, sea swirls etc.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-18-2019, 10:14 AM
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Hello MR, Happy Monday! as things are getting to finish line for the most part, I was able to install my cheato algae reactor, I bought this in the past and I decided to use this for this purpose due to size and it is light weight and clear body for lights to be able to mount on the outside, I plumbed my calcium reactor and rinsed DaStaCo Pro media and 50 lbs of media did not fill the reactor all the way, I am going to leave it to this level since this media burns very slowly. I turned the pump on and filled the reactor with water and as of right now it is running and no leaks so far and I am not hoping for 1, I checked again this morning and it looked fine, simple reactor but built well. I added some more ceramic media in my sump, I will leave it there and let is seed with bacteria and I will utilize these ceramic tubes to start my fish holding system and frag tank. fish holding system and coral frag system will be stand alone systems with independent filtration. more pictures to come...
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-22-2019, 07:22 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
Super nice.