Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Reefer Ratings: (50 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Hello R2R again, I got my Reeflo Gold Dart Pump and needle wheel impeller that I bought from Reeflo. I will be sending this impeller to my resource and we will try to make some enhancements on this design, I want to make this slightly bigger and add more needles. we will see how that goes, but there are the pictures of the impeller and pump that I am going to use on my redesigned DIY skimmer...
Attached Thumbnails

Old 04-29-2019, 10:15 AM
Reefer Ratings: (50 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Hello GM MR and happy Monday!, Past weekend I had guest visiting us and I did not have any time to work on anything, I have few important items pending that I have started working since past Saturday, I have put together the skimmer yesterday and pretty much design is done, plumbing for pump, drain, air injection is in place, I have utilized white uni seals for the plumbing and then connection unions for easy disconnect, 1/2 "emergency drain is added on the bottom as well incase if I have to drain the skimmer, I have wired float switch wires for apex breakout boxes, I will be utilizing 2 float switches and 1 float valve for back up redundancy, I will be using 30 gallon blue container as ATO water holder and run the output to the sump which will connect to 1/2" float valve, I need to find cabinet which is 24" deep by 48" wide which will hold frag tank and under frag tank I will hide my ATO container and my RO system. I have drain pipe for my frag tank in place already and I will be using 1 of my manifold output to feed frag tank, I don't have any frags yet but it will be plumbed and ready for frags and light will be mounted on the tank as well. more pictures to come, here are some of the pictures of the skimmer that I have put together..
Attached Thumbnails