daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm working on the aquascaping. I just wanted to share pix of my lovely live rock. This rock has been in my system for maybe 5 years. I had a really bad aptasia problem that I hit with Joe's Juice and will get peppermints to finish the job. I also had a huge outbreak of bubble algae, which I also attacked and will get emerald crabs to do the rest! Tell me what you think!

still working on re-sizing other pix... so this is really just a rock picture. But isn't it LOVELY rock? I am so happy with my rocks!

:)

Attachments

• middle tank.jpg
    middle tank.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
this one is a bit fuzzy, but you get the idea of what's going on. The left side is pretty much done. The right side is not done at all - this is just the foundation. but the rest of the live rock that will go onto it is in the tank with the fish, and that won't be added to this tank until after the cycle is done...

The artist, by the way, is Tracy Taylor. :)

Attachments

• small tank_00.jpg
    small tank_00.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Welcome to MR !!

I like the aquascape ,look great :)
good luck with the battle :)

Ronen

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Welcome to our part of the reef. It sounds as if you've got everything under control. Nice to see it coming around for you.

If you've got any questions, please feel free to ask. We've got a lot of experienced reefers on this board.

Russ
House of Fish

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
thanks for all the great feedback!!! I am very proud of all the colors. What did not really show is all the sponge. There are yellows, blues, greens and oranges that are stunning (IMHO) that have grown over the years... I am so pleased with it. Right now the tank is full of just rocks, and my four-year old is already showing off the tank to her friends! :)

menschems

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, everyone. I am Daisy's husband and I remember some of you from this summer. I first posted here when our old tank started to leak while Daisy was out of the country. She is the primary enthusiast so I will probably not be very vocal around here. Still, I will check in from time to time and add my two cents.

I really do appreciate all of the help you guys gave me over the summer and I am glad Daisy has been able to pick your brains as well.

Best wishes!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: