Nikko's Innovative Marine 150 INT

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
The eagle has landed. I figured I would start documenting every single part of the build including a slight basement remodel.

[Reserved for Future FTS]

[Reserved for Paramaters]

Current Equipment List

Tank:
Innovative Marine 150 INT
47.5" x 35.5" x 20" Approximately
APS Extruded Aluminum Stand w/ matte black finish

Controller:
Full 2016 Neptune Apex System. Very close to going with a GHL but a friend that works at Manhattan Aquariums talked me out of it.
I just bought a 10" Nuvision tablet for the display.

Lighting:
6x Radion G4 XR15 Pros + 48" Aquatic Life Hybrid running 4x B+ bulbs. I most likely am going to make my own light rack and hopefully have 3 bulbs on each side of the radions to cover the 35" wide lagoon.

Flow:
Still deciding on a return pump but am most likely gonna go with a RO Varios 8.

Tank will be run with 2x MP40 and 2x WAVs. I may add a Gyre or two down the road. Considering the tank is only 20" tall I can't blast the tank too much especially if I decide to go with Reef flakes.

Sump:
After speaking with Synergy Reef and Geos reef their sumps weren't wide enough for my build and the prices were getting a little insane on custom sizes so I decided to go the best possible route for this build and ordered an Ice cap 36xl. I really wanted a geo sump with a roller mat but the cost was gonna be almost as much as the display and I couldn't swallow it. The ice cap is perfect for my new build because it has a big skimmer section to accommodate my pretty large skimmer and it is 23" front to back which was super important to me in order to minimize length and leave some room in my stand for calcium reactor, electronics and other equipment. The cost on this sump was the icing on the cake. Thank you Ricardo Laso from coralvue. He is my go to guy for any of their products.

Skimmer:
Reef Octopus 220 INT Elite powered by a Varios 6S

Heaters:
300 watt eheim jager
250 watt eheim jager
Probably gonna switch these out soon but need to do more research. Just want something a little newer to avoid any issues.

Attachments

Last edited:

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Your AOI is excited to go in that tank! Lol Congrats!
Thank you sir! I am so excited to get this project underway. I had to recieve the tank and shoot right down to work which was a bummer but now I have something to look forward to.

Good news is tomorrow I am back on the day shift. Bad news is I'm gonna be working from 7-10pm for the next week and a half atleast.

Picking up the sump from FedEx freight.

Last edited:

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Cuong said: ?
That tank was like 300-350lbs dry.

You ain't kidding me and one friend lifted it onto the stand at 330 am last night and he isn't the strongest person in the world. I am 150lbs soaking wet. Saying it was a struggle is an understatement but somehow we did it after a 1:30 am Wendy's run and a trip to home depot so I could borrow one of their carts. Hahaha.
Excuse the mess renovating the basement.

I have an electrician coming tomorrow to upgrade my old 100 amp panel, put in a bunch of high hats throughout the house, and run 2 dedicated 20 amp lines to the new tank. New laminate flooring, mold resistant sheet rock/paint is ordered. I am traveling a lot the next week and a half and wont have much time to get anything done. This is gonna be very tricky renovating the downstairs with 2 monster tanks in the way but I have a plan. Gonna do half at a time move the tanks to there final positions and then renovate the other half.

The whole build is on pause though unfortunately. I have some issues with my tank and have sent IM a very lengthy email with pictures and am waiting to hear back from them. I cant discuss any further details and may never actually pending how they handle my current situation.

Attachments

Last edited:

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Got my RODI unit mounted finally, instead of it sitting on the floor for 6 months. I am going to fix the strings so they aren't hanging from the tubing but it works for now. I should have been running a booster pump years ago. What a difference going from 45 psi to 80.

Just some pictures of equipment for the build. Some new, some old, some upgraded. I upgraded my skimmer pump, controller and skimmer lid because they were the older versions and didnt have an auto shutoff with float valve. Now I have a back up power supply and controller for the skimmer in case one of mine fail.

Ordered a custom built dual stage stainless steel regulator for the calcium reactor. I debated going the carbon doser route but after seeing the condition of them being sold second hand I decided to be smart and buy quality that will last forever hopefully.

At the very least every reefer should have this water alarm or something similar. Warning though, it will wake up your neighbors 2 houses down.

Attachments

Last edited:

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Big day today! Electrician is here upgrading my terribly old panel and running 2 dedicated 20 amp lines to the new tank. The best news is Allstate is footing the whole bill :).

A Tree fell this past winter and ripped all the wires off my house. I was without power for 5 days straight and was begging con Edison every day to come out because I was the only house in the whole neighborhood without power. I will post some pictures when I dig them up. It was a terrible storm and the tree was leaning on the wires for over 12 hours before they were finally ripped out.

Anyways thanks Allstate. I feel like I'm in good hands.

Last edited:

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
So plans have changed a little bit thanks to my wonderful wife. After weeks of breaking her down hehe she finally agreed on turning her office/business room that we just finished into my office/ fishroom.

Originally all equipment was gonna be housed under the stand but it was getting super tight already. Gonna make plumbing a little more interesting but now I have plenty of room for all the equipment and filtration and even a frag tank.

I had an old My Reef Creations bioball chamber/drip tray that I am going to be repurposing for a remote fuge. The one in the icecaps sump is pretty small.

Pictures of the soon to be fishroom and drilling out the acrylic drip tray for a fuge. The new accent wall arrived, and I bought a 60 watt 2ft LED grow light I am going to try out over the fuge. If I'm not happy with its performance I will switch it out with a kessil h380.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Mods on s4?
K04s, unitronic tune, fully built transmission crated in from cali, southbend stage3 endurance clutch rated for 585 wheel tq. I have a huge manilla folder of reciepts. She is for sale but between me and my best friend we have about 25k into that money pit so I wont take less than 8500 for it. If you know anyone who would be interested.

Featured Sponsors