Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
394305001210345282.gif

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
it's BB but i don't really follow the BB "rules". Instead of trying to keep the tank completely sterile and free of detritus, I use a coil denitrator and phosban reactor and don't obsess over the detritus that accumulates underneath the rocks.

I went with no sand so i could get enough flow to keep sps top to bottom. It's hard to get enough flow to sps on the bottom if you have to worry about disturbing the sand bed. I think the BB also helps with the clarity of the tank, there isn't a bunch of particulate floating around, when the glass is clean, the fish look like they are floating in air.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Wes I'm really sorry i missed this thread before but let me start by saying the your father in law is the man. That stand and canopy looks incredible. Second let me compliment your house, the colors and molding combination looks incredible,which makes your tank look even better, Third is what you have accomplished with your tank, The coral selection and equipment setup looks very well thought out and very well put together. Wishing you all the success in the world with your setup and your well on your way on having a remarkable tank. Congrats my friend

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wes I'm really sorry i missed this thread before but let me start by saying the your father in law is the man. That stand and canopy looks incredible. Second let me compliment your house, the colors and molding combination looks incredible,which makes your tank look even better, Third is what you have accomplished with your tank, The coral selection and equipment setup looks very well thought out and very well put together. Wishing you all the success in the world with your setup and your well on your way on having a remarkable tank. Congrats my friend

Thanks alot Dave. Yeah my father-in-law did a great job. Much better than anything you could buy from AGA or oceanic imo.

Thanks for the house compliments, that was the wife mostly. I helped pick out the molding but the color scheme was all her. Thank you so much for the compliments. :)

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Took a new photo today. I had a pretty big setback for the last several months(http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/coral-farming/49457-slow-continuous-coral-death.html) but things are finally beginning to grow and look good again. I have lost alot of corals so alot of the corals in the tank now are relatively new. Only some of them survived.

The big section of PVC WAS where the LTA was "planted" but it decided to move on me. I stuck my torch coral in there for now because i dont want to deal with the avalanche when i try to remove it.
IMG_1400.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
wow i just looked back a couple pages...it's depressing how many corals i lost :( Also the asterinas have almost completely eaten all the coralline off the back wall...Not a bad thing

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hEY

Hey the tank looks great and the stand and canopy look wonderful, you might need to give me you father in law number.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: