BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The tank arrived home. It's a 75G tank with a 30G sump and a Quiet One Pump. We had to cut the canopy in order to make it fit in the car, since the stand and canopy are built together. I also got a 250W Metal Halide lamp. I just have to clean the tank now. What's the best way to do that? Vinegar?

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Yeah. Vinegar and warm water. When I was getting ready to sell my 75g last year I got a gallon of store brand vinegar, put the whole thing in the tank and then filled the whole tank with warm water. I put a couple of powerheads in and left it sit for a day or two. All the calcium deposits dissolved away so all I had to do was swish paper towel across the glass to get it off. I then emtied out all the vinegar/water soution and rinsed the tank well with fresh water. It was that easy.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well i don't want to fill the whole tank, otherwise my parents will kill me....hahaha
But i will add vinegar with warm water and just use a towel or something like that and scrape away...i know its a lot more work but at least i save the yelling..haha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: