jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i was playing around with my new camera. i love this thing, i have manual white balance, so i can take pics with just the actinics on, and everything glows, but the light is a crisp white. here are some shots when i was messing around with this feature

z1116.jpg

z1114.jpg

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
The tank look really nice with only the actinic on.. That is a very neat camera, I am also in the process of trying to get a camera. Glow in the dark kind of feel :D

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jennie, besides the great photos :) you should post the specs of your system so other MR can learn from your progress. I really love the photos

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
haha specs, ok, here goes

29 gallon aga tank
4x24 watt sunlight supply tek t5 lights
penguin box filter for running carbon and added circulation and one jbj powerhead. thats it :D

i don't do much to it, just make sure to top off the water, and do a change once n a while. i have no set schedule :)

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Jennifer,

Great pics. i really like the purple/blue zoas!

I love the white ballance feature on my camera.

Most white ballance is set for 18% grey. So you shoot something grey, and get really good colors.

And wouldn't you know, the grey cap on a roll of kodak film is 18% grey. So I just have one sitting by my tank for ballance. I just hold it up to the light and WB. Then the pics are ballanced for the tank light!

B

B

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Hmmmm....My white balance on the camera only gives me choices such as Daylight, Flourescent, and Tungsten. This camera isnt the best in the world. Its a Kodak LS743. It was a gift so I can't complain. White balance helps the pictures out alot.

Jennie, How are those blue zoa's doing? *cough cough cough frag frag frag cough cough cough*...heh

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
jose, the bulbs are 24 inches i think

romain, yes they are :D

brett, yes i know, but i have a white magfloat, and it seems to get the job done :)

kris, they are slowly starting to spread. they seem to have lost their red skirts, i think that was because the light was too intense. i moved them back down into the tank. the red is slowly coming back again now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: