jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
got it :D i forgot about this tank, and to think i posted it in the first place :D glad you kept up with it though. i cannot let my husband see it lol, he will want a ship, he bought one for my tank but i would not let him put it in. i said the scale was all wrong :D

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Nice tank! It shows you can do anything you want with enough money. Move this to General Discussion; this forum is for Manhattan Reefers who want to show a progression of their own tanks.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Deanos said:
Nice tank! It shows you can do anything you want with enough money. Move this to General Discussion; this forum is for Manhattan Reefers who want to show a progression of their own tanks.

Dean, I respectfully disagree, I see your point. But money is relative.
If I told my friends how much I spent on my tank most would say I'm nut's.
So Alen has spent a bit more on his set-up, but it is well documented and is a great example of how to plan and build for a large tank. (although I think it's way out of scale for the room it's in) I think it's special enough to be kept here as an inspiration for others, imho.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Disagreement noted Jon :hug:.

He's still nuts...and that's coming from a reefer, not just someone admiring a reef tank. Not long ago, you asked what's the largest we would go if money was no concern and many answers were in the 120-250 gallon range :bigeyes2:

MR dream tanks

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I agree it is insane looking. taken by itself though it's an incredible piece of work.
but set in a small room decorated in english country decor it looks wacky.
I'd like to see it in a larger room, like my loft :) my floor may need some reenforcing though :rolleyes)

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I actually don't like the ship!! That space is wasted inside the tank, when it could be used for many other internal designs. Call me purist, but I like reef tanks because they look untouched by mankind's hand. The ship reminds me of human destruction!

Doc

Reef Doctor
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like the idea of it, but I have to agree that it just does not look natural. Maybe if it had some barnacles on it, or some coral. It is huge though and I love that. I hope to ask for help making another tank in a bit from scratch.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I like the ship idea. many ship wrecks have been adopted by nature and grown over into reefs. they are some of the most interesting dives.

I would like to see a full size ship wreck theme in an aquarium, that would be cool, it would make an awesome shark display.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Mr. softie would be too cliche.
how about a planet of the apes theme with a statue of liberty head, that would be hot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: