morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
How is this even possible? LOL?

No skimmer, No Light, No R.O., No Algae?

I think maybe the Xenia is taking up all the nitrates and phosphate from the tap water.

The water coming from the tap at my home in Queens is about 40ppm.

But no ALGAE?

Come on!

This is unbelievable.

:)

Matorral

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
9 months

still with tap, one fish, no skimmer

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 124

nikkibabee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
This is a joke right? Either I am smoking some really good ish or he is joking everyone good...he is using everything that you are NOT supposed to do.:irked:

h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cousin ran a 40 gal tank with NYC tap. It wasn't a reef but it did relatively good seeing as he never did changes(After the first few months of having it I never saw salt at his place). Also in the beginning he ran it with a fluval and a biowheel filter. He later scrapped the biowheel for a seaclone.He didn't have a DSB, just some CC that was quite nasty. The tanks algae was usually under control and he was able to keep a carpet anemone alive for a while. In the end most everything died when he stopped feeding as well except for his "Dory" which had to have been genetically modified or something. I think at one point he wasn't feeding it for weeks straight and it lived in the tank from the beginning up until he finnaly broke it down a year or two later.

ALL WITH NYC TAP:lol:

Last edited:

Matorral

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Still tap water

Hey guys, 1 year and 3mo and still with tap water. Only one fish as always. Now having some anoying cyano growing in the sand. Still coral growth is good, fragging pompom xenia every 3 months. Here is a recap of the pics .

Attachments

• 2 weeks.jpg
    2 weeks.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 4 months.jpg
    4 months.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 9 months.jpg
    9 months.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 1year and 3 mo.jpg
    1year and 3 mo.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 95

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: