Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2018, 03:53 PM
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (20)
Send a Private Message
I am very happy to say that the Magic Juice that I kind of invented for my wife is still working much better than medication and has no side effects. With MS she used to have terrible pains all over mostly at night. Those pains come from inflammation and the juice which is mostly made from fresh beets and berries seems to have completely eliminated them. She still has all sorts of other issues such as electric shocks but maybe that has to do with her being married to an electrician.
I wish I could help with those but unfortunately I can't. I think we are going to try Gamma Knife or anti inflammatory shots in her spine which is dangerous but there doesn't seem to be a choice.
(My wife named it the Magic Juice, she drinks a shot 3 times a day)

Old 11-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Good job with the juice. It actually sounds pretty tasty. Before you try more scary treatments, you could look into infrared saunas which people are reporting to help a number of conditions, including the inflammation and symptoms of ms. Doesn't seem like there would be much to lose in trying.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:51 PM
Send a Private Message
Never heard of it, but worth a look. Thanks
Old 11-19-2018, 08:08 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
im impressed such dedication
Old 11-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobywon View Post
Good job with the juice. It actually sounds pretty tasty.
WEW both like it. I put a couple of apples in there and a bunch of carrots so it isn't tart. But there is horseraddish and a lot of fresh ginger in it so it does have a tang. Everything that is for lowering inflamation.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Got Reef?
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (4)
Send a Private Message
Paul, I love the fact that you literally post everything and anything but this last magic juice post deserves awards. It deserves awards because it shows how good of person you truly are and that you clearly love your wife and would do anything to help her. Keep the post coming, I don’t care if they are tank related or not. I enjoy reading what you have to say and I nominate you for a daily news brief by Paul B if MR could make that happen I think the world would be a better place.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:57 PM
Reefer Ratings: (27 (100%)
Friends: (13)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Paul, I love the fact that you literally post everything and anything but this last magic juice post deserves awards. It deserves awards because it shows how good of person you truly are and that you clearly love your wife and would do anything to help her. Keep the post coming, I don’t care if they are tank related or not. I enjoy reading what you have to say and I nominate you for a daily news brief by Paul B if MR could make that happen I think the world would be a better place.

+100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2018, 03:52 PM
Send a Private Message
Thanks Guys. We just came back from Our Daughters other house in Vermont. A 6 hour drive including the hour ferry ride to here on eastern Long Island. Yesterday it was 1 degree and about 8" of snow. Good to be home. My tank looks like sheet metal so I had to scrape off the glass which really put a lot of stuff into solution and it looks scurvy so I had to put my diatom filter on to clean it. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:24 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
Hey, I never took the ferry. Did it save a lot of time, or headaches from driving?
Old 11-24-2018, 07:30 PM
Send a Private Message
Yes it did. It won't save time, but it saves you from driving for an hour. I would have driven from the Throgs Neck, or Whitestone Bridge, 60 miles on the Long Island Expressway which as you know this time of the year is little more than a parking lot. The Ferry takes about an hour and you can sleep or eat,have coffee or throw yourself into the sea.

It's great.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/42316-tank-reached-38-years-old-2009-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Forum Krzysia - Index This thread Refback 10-07-2014 07:44 PM
How many years can a tank last? This thread Refback 09-26-2012 11:52 PM
How many years can a tank last? - Saltwaterfish.com Community This thread Refback 04-25-2011 09:08 AM
Paul Baldassano’s 40 year old Reef tankMajano Wand This thread Pingback 04-13-2011 12:35 AM
Manhattan Reefs - Aquarium Fish Longevity This thread Refback 04-12-2011 07:25 PM
How many years can a tank last? - Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards This thread Refback 01-15-2010 02:16 PM
How many years can a tank last? - Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards This thread Refback 03-06-2009 10:54 PM
How many years can a tank last? - Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards This thread Refback 03-06-2009 10:44 PM
Manhattan Reefs This thread Refback 01-31-2009 08:16 PM
nice fish! - CVR Forums! This thread Refback 06-13-2008 01:46 PM
nice fish! - CVR Forums! This thread Refback 06-12-2008 09:00 PM
nice fish! - CVR Forums! This thread Refback 06-12-2008 05:46 PM