John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
Well Finally got some decent pics up of the 46G before i tear it down to do my upgrade. here we are

Attachments

• 84999.jpg
    84999.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 84996.jpg
    84996.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 133

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
The large polyps in the center is a sea pen. Many people told me I should never have bought one cause there hard to keep and do not do well in captivity. To say the least it has been alive and healthy for close to 6 months now and its a great addition to the tank. Thanks all for the positive remarks I would love to keep it and start a new one up but i dont have the space in my apartment right now.

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
I love that little hippo. She's only spent a limited time in the main due to her QT but she's eating like a pig. Will even eat nori out of my finger tips. Overall im happy with the tank but I know she will grow and i've had the itch for a while now to upgrade so hopefully everything will make it through the move.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
NIce tank john ,
too bad all that work and your breaking it down ,,
but good luck on your upgrade ,you did a nice job on your 46 im sure the bigger one is going ot look great ,and your in time for frag swap ,you could fil it up for nothing from im told

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
So what are you upgrading to? Yea, my hippo is a pig too.. But he is afraid of humans. As soon I sneak up on him, he hids. Only during lunch and dinner time he allow my present.

Here is a picture of what happen to my xenia..
xeniarule.jpg

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
ctxmonitor said:
So what are you upgrading to? Yea, my hippo is a pig too.. But he is afraid of humans. As soon I sneak up on him, he hids. Only during lunch and dinner time he allow my present.

Here is a picture of what happen to my xenia..
xeniarule.jpg

Thats not xenia just exclusive stay still all the time polyp backed sea slugs. ;)

John good luck on the upgrade. That tanks gonna be nice.

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
That blue and yellow one is actually an angel fish, a Bicolor angel. He was one of my first fish back when I had a 16G nano. I bought him on impulse to find out later they did not have a high survival rate in captivty. I have also proven that theory wrong as well since he's been with me for almost 2 years and is still healthy and seems to be the "ruler" of my tank. CTX I think having my xenia attatch to the glass like that would be cool. I've yet to see it happen.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
It won't be cool when it starting blocking half your tank view.. hehehe..

I want to add a angel fish too, but afraid of them nipping on my sps and lps. They tend to do that, as I hear.

I think you got a really healthy system, thats why everything that people say it won't survive, survives in your tank.

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
This is true but when it does a clean straight edge razor, a couple of zip lock bags and a trip from me can clear that up right away.

Its true what you say about angelfish but every angel has its own personality. Mine still nips but doesn't do it constantly to bother anything too much. Sometimes it will bother that sea pen but when it does the polyps retract and within 5 minutes there back out and the angel has forgot about it.

Luckily the system has been healthy but it hasnt always been like that. A lot of research and lots of money which we all know are a must in this hobby has put my system where it is today

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: