Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
This is an upgrade that has been in the works for a while while I have slowly collected the things I need for it. I'm using the same equipment that I purchased for my 29g/40Br set ups, so I know I'm going to be pushing the limits of some of my equipment. For the first time, I have a very specific mental idea of what i want my tank to look like when I am finished.

Equipment
------------

- 75g AGA tank, drilled through the bottom for drain and return with corner glass overflow
- AquaC EV 120 skimmer (I'll be looking for a 180 for sale, I think) powered with a Mag 5
- ViaAqua return pump (will upgrade to a quietone, I think)
- 2 maxijet mods for circulation
- Pacific Coast 1/10 HP chiller
- 2 x 175w SE Ushio 14K MH
- 2 phosban reactors for GAC and GFO
- either my 40Br for the sump or a 20L

Livestock: Fish
----------------
- Blue-Green Chromis (Chromis viridis) (1)
- Pylei Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus pylei) (2 - m/f)
- Tail-Spot Blenny (Escenius stigmatura) (1)
- Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto) (1)
- Purple Firefish (Nemateleotris decora) (1)
- Spotfin Butterfly (Chaetodon ocellatus) (3)
- Lamarck Angel (Genicanthus lamarkii) (1 - f)

... plus I might like to add ...
- Male Lamarck Angel (Genicanthus lamarkii) ?
- A pair of false percula clowns - tank raised (Amphipiron ocellaris) ?

Livestock: Coral
------------------
I am currently keeping a mixed reef. I would like to allow the things I have to grow out into larger colonies rather than having a greater diversity in my tank. I particularly like the look of the acropora stags and the plating montiporas for SPS and the bushy gorgonians and other softies that I have.

Last edited:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I don't believe AGA makes corner overflows for a 75g anymore. It had a greater chance of failure with the hole in the corner vs hole off centered so they only make it off centered now. The same for 120's. Unless you get it custom made or find an old one....

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'd re-think the quite one pump though, I have a pair of 4000s and when the power blinks they freeze up; no issues when the power goes out though. Everything else sounds great!

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Depending on your lighting, what other means of cooling you are going to use and how cold you keep your apartment I think you might want to upsize that chiller. I run a 1/4 hp on a 72 bowfront and I think that is almost it's max, though my apartment does retains heat.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Wow, even as a moderator I can't edit my old posts! :)

Tank is switched! I also took this opportunity to flatworm exit my rocks and corals and everything looks gone. Unfortunate the FWE + the stress of being out of the tank has killed almost all of my SPS. I think that I still have a red pavona, a blue tort and one of my deepwater acros. I also think I lost one set of acans and my blue candy canes in the switch - though both were looking bad before I moved them.

Here is my final equipment list:
- 75g AGA tank, drilled through the bottom for drain and return with corner glass overflow
- ASM G3 skimmer, gravity fed with recirc mod (thanks Dom. :hug:)
- ViaAqua return pump
- 2 maxijet mods for circulation
- Pacific Coast 1/10 HP chiller
- 2 x 175w SE Ushio 14K MH
- 2 phosban reactors for GAC and GFO
- 20L sump

... and I got all of that from people on MR with the exception of the phosban reactors. :)

Livestock: Fish
----------------
- Blue-Green Chromis (Chromis viridis) (1)
- Pylei Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus pylei) (2 - m/f)
- Tail-Spot Blenny (Escenius stigmatura) (1)
- Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto) (1)
- Purple Firefish (Nemateleotris decora) (1)
- Lamarck Angel (Genicanthus lamarkii) (1 - f)
- Target Mandarin (Synchiropus picturatus) (1)
- Yellow Eye Kole Tang (Hawaii) (Ctenochaetus strigosus) (1)
- Yellow Clown Goby (Gobiodon okinawae) (3)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
all those beautiful pics you take not 1 of the upgrade in progress.i dont know ellebelle starting to see u in a new light :scratchch: :confused:

I don't know if you wanted to see pics of the upgrade process. It was mostly me and Dom (domboski) looking extremely frustrated while every square inch of my apartment was taken up with buckets and garbage cans full of water. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: