PComo

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i recently aquired a complete system running about 5 years, it has a 36" orbit light with 2 power compact lights in it- 1 has an actinic and a 50/50, the other bulb is white on both tubes. I also have a regular flourescent with 2- 40 w bulbs. What types of coral can i maintain with this system

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Please let us know more info like
size of tank
filters
skimmer?
refuge?
wet dry?
sump?
power heads and/or pumps?
live rock?
live sand?
chiller?
Ultra violet sterilizer?
and so on......

PComo

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK, well I didnt purchase this setup new so ill do my best to be as specific as possible; please keep in mind this is my first "reef" setup.
65 gal oceanic tank,
sump w/ i believe a mag 7,
1 rio 900 for circulation,
venturi protein skimmer-also a rio 900 i believe,
I use RO water from my lfs and kent marine supplements-buffer,calcium,iodie, and magnesium&strontium.
I hope this provides adequate info for an idea of what i can keep right now there lots of coralline,some red mossy algae? and a little rust colored algae on a rock or two. I have an anemone and some type of a small brain coral i think. Like i said everything was included when i bought the tank so im not too certain on anything. Thanks for the help!

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
How long have you had the system running?? The red "mossy" algae your talking about could be cyano? The lights probably too little for the anemone. If you want to try keep coral start of with some leathers, mushrooms, zoos, and polyps. The lower light coral that are easier to care for.
Just my nickel

PComo

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been running a little over 5 years, i've had it for 3 months. The anemone has been in there for years supposedly and is fine? I used some red lime algae remover worked good but didnt affect my red mossy stuff.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
How old are the PCs? If they are more than 9 months I would make sure to change them. Is the red algae like slime or hairy? Or is it more 'plant-like'?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: