CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I did think about the rock being so close to the glass. But I usually scrape the coraline with a razor like 2 times a month. I would like below the rock line on the left hand side of the tank to get completely covered with coraline so I have a place for crabs and hiding fish to hide.
There is a big cave behind the rock right behind Pablo's (the xenia kings) xenia. I would like it to eventually become a pitch black spot even when the lights are on.
]But if the messy glass starts to bother me. I will just rescape again.:splitspin:tongue1: It will prob. be like 15-20 times before I get it where I want it anyway.

Awilda: I wish you could have stayed also. I'm sure it would have come out twice as nice, putting our heads together, and I'm sure we could have spoken for hours anyway.
It was soooooo nice to meet you.
reaquascapeday2005.jpg

Last edited:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I can't make it to the swap, but Awibrandy has been nice enough to offer me some frags, and I am trading Questionmarc some fish food for frags tuesday. So hopefully I can Start to get this thing into full swing. The nice thing is I removed all of my sand digging fish and every night I come home to a crytal clear tank. Before, like clockwork, at 10:45 some of my fish would kick up so much sand that it would cloud the entire tank. So getting home around 11 would suck. But now
400_F_8027005_JpOYQIdhkQruXM76ZcR7RtxvROMGauHj.jpg

the sand actually looks more dark blue to me now. now its time to get more frags!! good thing swap is right around corner ;)

M

mamiereefer

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
i have a question my tank has been running for 3 months now and i would like to take my sand bed out. when i asked a lfs they told me that it would not be such a good idea that it would cause all my levels to spike. i really would not want that to happen so what should i do.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I can only tell you from my exp. that I have had no problems. I do 10 gal. a week water change in Roughly 60 -65 gallon net water volume. To keep params in chek.
People will tell you otherwise, and they might be right.
I guess the question is. Are you willing to take the gamble??
They say that if you siphon it out a ltitle with water changes. It wont have much impact. I tried that. It takes a long time.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I will try to get some soon. the summer for me is CRAZY at work. My Dept. did almost a million$$$ in revenue since may31. So the tank is a little neglected right now. I'm just trying to keep on top of WC. I'm not really claeaning the glass that often. A little embarassing right now:eek:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I totally understand buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing to be embarrasede about.;) I haven't been doing water changes since the shortly after that mini crash back in April.;) I clean the glass once in a while when the tan film starts to get on my nerve.lol

Glad to hear your doing well at work though............... That's really important, especially these days.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: