rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I jus added 4 Anthias, and wanted to show a few pics...The anthias just started coming out of the rock work to look around, its only been about 35 hours since I added them.
Also, Ignore the algea on the glass, its still in the algea bloom and Im to lazy to properly clean every day or so.
ENJOY:

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
The drains are an issue...Im still working on it. Water comes from the tank faster than the filter socks can allow it to pass through...i have several sponges in the overflow to quite the overflow....

Ill let you know if I find a quality solution to the air and noise

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
i have the same tank rook. it came with a overflow cover that keeps it quiet. i didnt have to put any sponges inside the overflow. could u explain more of the issue>? or is it underneath thats the problem?
maybe i can help

do you have 2 seperate fiter socks>?
matt

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Matt...I have 2 filter socks...but the water seems to fill up the socks, and then pour into the sump w/out going through the socks...and yes, the noise is in the overflow...Ive made it quite before, but when I change things around(i mean in the overflow) the noise comes back...noise isnt really an issue, its temporary...also, I want complete silence, so any noise is to much. I hate that I can hear the vortech(which is a minor sound, it still bothers me)

JRWOHLER

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the reply...I moved the durso's up so the waterfall was less but that is a crummy solution. I might also try to cut the cover to fit with the pipes higher.

I get too much air in my sump specifically, which is my bigger issue, the water comes out with too much air.
I am running a mag 12 for my return.

I saw on reefcentral there was a thread by nanogurl that had some pretty serious input about throwing out the durso pipes that were included but unfortunately there was some dispute with the mods and she bugged out. And she has unlinked all her pics.

If you can help us out nycmat it would be great.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
i can. can u post some pics? or if it would be easier send me a pm with pics of them. do u have a overflow cover? also adjusting the dursos are a help. rook in relation to your filter socks. try raising them up the drain pipe. if that doesnt work try and get bigger socks. are the socks the ones with the string? there are also different micron socks. more detail. where are u in the city rook? pm me info

JRWOHLER

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you guys want to come over and see how we silenced my overflow please PM me. I have it pretty quiet at the moment.

Also, if the water is not passing through the filter socks it is most likely that they are clogged. I replace them whenever the water stops moving through them.

Thanks I would like to sometime.

Rook they are not really filter socks just a thing mesh bag. I have since taken them off just had them on early in the process to catch any bigger junk.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: