Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yes, I got the upgrade bug! Started with a 5.5, then 10, now it's up to 18G. Thanks to Mike (Slamajama). That's top end for this tank. Next, I'm working on my 55, going to a 56 or 65 36x18 or 30x18. That's gonna be a showcase project!
In the meantime, here are the latest pics of my 18, Ican't wait for the swap to fill it up!

Attachments

• 18g 1.jpg
    18g 1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 18g 3.jpg
    18g 3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 18g 5.jpg
    18g 5.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 18g 4.jpg
    18g 4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 113

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
very nice Gerry, looks like you busted you butt!
Is that new sand there? , I see theres more flow too congrats just wait until you put the AC500 then you'll be set ;)
Everything looks healthy, hows the temp, come on details bud detaillls.

BTW
The bird (aka KIWI)has been doing great thanks again, how are the pinks and PHE zoos?

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a biggggg change from the 10g. Tanks looking a lot a lot better. That rock work is nooiccee.
-Kris

I told you that clam shell had potential!..lol

now to glue zoos and mushrooms on it and get it covered in color :)

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I put a fan in the back, temps are perfect! I added a few things last weekend, thanks to Steve (stingnyc). Some nice assorted mushrooms, polyps, and some really cool frilly mushrooms. They're still acclimating, not fully open yet, but they'll be big soon. Put a couple of my pipefish in, and an algae blenny. I'm using the Kent calcium buffer 2 part to keep everything including the coraline algae healthy!

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
2 powerheads facing each other, slightly offset. Replaced the Penguin bio wheel with an AC200. Waiting for the AC500! Dosing once a week with Kent Calcium buffer 2 part.
Yes, it's new sand. Put it on the bottom, spread the stuff from the 10 on top. Lots of voids in the rocks, plenty of circulation!
I'm practicing here before I change the bigger tank. Also, I got rid of the cyannobacteria problem. All the water is distilled, and if anything shows up, I'll add Red Slime Remover! I used it in my 10, which had a major problem, wiped it out, now with the transfer, I see no sign of it.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
great start.. you pretty much have everything filled up. Is that a giant snail or shell with a couple of zoo on the right? Good jobs.. Now you could start the upgrade project :D :D

you put a pipefish in that tank, cool. I always wanted to put one in my tank, but my other fish is gonna kick his ass.. haha..

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Gmandese said:
Yes, it's new sand. Put it on the bottom, spread the stuff from the 10 on top.

Looks shiny!:)

BTW next time you do it w/ your FOWLR or your next reef only put a cup or two of old sand on the bottom it will repopulate from the bottom up, trust you definetly dont want the nasties that are underneath your sandbed on the top (anaerobics dying as they meet air and causing PO4 and N03 spikes!)

you def have to post before and after pics of the fragswap ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: