ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thinking about doing something stupid this weekend (in addition to building a canopy) I was thinking about adding a yellow tang to my main display tank which has 2 clowns and 4 hermits as well as 65bs live rock. It's been up and running for over a month now. Parameters are ok sg=1.025, ph=8.2, temp between 78-80, ammonia=0, nitrites=0 and nitrates I have to double check on. Last time I checked (which was last week) it was 15ppm but I'm getting new test kits next week.

I know I should quarantine but one of my buddies has been lucky with absolutely fish. I haven't set up my qt tank yet and I'm itching to get a new fish.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
70 gallon. 3' feet long x 1.5' feet deep x 2' feet high. Should I wait until last to add the yellow tang? I was also thinking about a pajama cardinal. Really only want four fish max in the 70 maybe 5 (a six line wrasse).

Someone made the suggestion that maybe since I want to go to SPS I should start out with some corals and migrate to SPS first.

The tangs do add a lot to the bio load so maybe I should hold off? Tank's been in operation for almost six weeks now.

My plans are to upgrade to a 125 in a year or so. That's the max tank my wife will let me have LOL unless I put it in the basement.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: