ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Hey everyone:

New to this hobby. This 70g oceanic has been up and running for a little over two months now. That beautiful tang in the photo was from samsky. Thanks samsky.

Just wanted to get some comments. Looks like I have some cyano on the sand bed. I was thinking of going bb at some point in time. For now do I gently vacuum the top layer?

Equip/Specs are as follows:

Skimmer asm g2
Sump 20g
Chaeto in fuge that desparately needs a light from hd or order from link supplied on melevsreef.com
chemi pure carbon
Two Seio 620's (would like to upgrade to Tunzes at some point if I want to keep SPS)
Southdown Sand 50lbs
65-70lbs live rock
Lighting 250W PFO HQI as soon as I stain the canopy
1 yellow tang, 2 clowns, 3 hermit crabs
xenia
zoas
Hope the image shows

DSCN1024.jpg

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
oh ok. yeah I now know what you mean. I had them up like that and put the covers back on.

Funny thing is I changed them to the way they look now because my wife said the seio's look like cameras.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
BTW Just wanted to say that Manhattan reefs is a much friendlier forum. Feels more like a family than RC (New Jersey Club forum). Although I've met some nice people on RC the atmosphere here is much better.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Looks good. My only suggestion would be to increase the number of crabs and snails. This should help a lot with the cyano problem.

Also, if you are getting cyano on the sand, perhaps the flow rate at the bottom of the tank is too low. Do you have a powerhead running near the bottom?

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
josh

Thanks for the suggestion. No powerhead running near the bottom. I have an aquaclear 70 powerhead that I could use for extra flow. Where would you recommend I get some crabs and snails? I saw some threads on RC as far as web sites. I've ordered from saltwaterfish.com before but I don't think they are good for cleanup crew orders.

Blue hermit and turbo snails right?

Kris Your right about the addiction. Already thinking about a 120. BTW I've had the clowns in a 44 for two months before that.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Dean

If you are referring to my stolen avatar from manhattan reefs... All I did was cut and paste it into microsoft paint and changed the pixels to 180x180. I still need to resize so I could fit in the f and s in reefs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: