ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Thane, Thank you and thanks for the idea. I am not sure how to go about plumbing the tank so far. I believe I will start with my fish room which is located in the basement and work my way up to be able to get a better understand of speed and head preformance to feed and drain two tanks. Orginally I would like to at least set 150g up buy I can't stick with one main idea to complete this set up.

If I can build as efficent like you I would be all set your set-up is Rocking

You are on your way...take your time and map out everything the way you want it. Im sure it will be amazing. If you need any help with anything don't hesitate to pm me. I don't claim to know it all but I will help with what I do know...:splitspin

Thane

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ok, it?s been a while since I pretty much done any work on this tank...lol :tongueani:eek:
<O:p
I have been in and out of the country and busy with work, and school. Now it?s time to try to get as much of this build started before I start my internship in the hospital thats in two weeks.
The Update:
<O:p</O:p
Well yesterday I started to work on the sump to get an idea on how to complete it so I need to stop by HD to pickup materials. I also brought up all the rocks to start my aquascaping, and cementing the rocks I got the Cube completed<O:p</O:p
What do you think?
DSC00376.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

I Started to work on the 300g but had to stop for some reason I decided to check if the tank was leveled and is not! Now I have to find a way, and someone to help me lift and level this damn tank :irked: :supermad:<O:p</O:p

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
You can call up the company and get a custom DD tank where they can place the overflows where ever you like. It really doesnt bother me but I am actually going to add a tint to it so the overflow pipes dont stand out that much.

And for all the others this has possibly been the slowest build I have ever done. It saddens me everytime I see the tank empty. But been trying to replace my wooden stand for metal to come up with nothing. If anyone knows where I could buy Steel bars please let me know

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ok just wanted to give a little update:

My 300 is sitting in my living room collecting dust I been really busy with med school and working within the hospital I hardly have time to even start tank.

On the other hand I been working on my 150g wondering if i should wait or start it. Well since that last photo I had it filled cycling with water since december.

And here it is now
IMG00062-20100301-1501.jpg

IMG00066-20100301-1502.jpg

Last edited:

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
OK I am having some problems with Cyano within the tank. I know it can't be a issue with flow since I have two Vortects on High and an additional power head within the rock and along the back of the tank.

Can it be the sand? I need to buy some test kits to find out whats going on

Photo of issue
IMG00065-20100301-1502.jpg

Strangest thing is that it comes back at night

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
There is not enough flow to that part of the rock structure. redirect flow to there maybe a hard thing to do in that tank.

Try dosing microbe lift "special blend", few people had success ridding red cyano with this product.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: