Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Reefer Ratings: (29 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
Bronx Ok My tank with some live rocks

I got from NSR250NYC ...

And yes i'm gonna use shims . But won't they mess up the tank stand ??
Which by the way i'm gonna try and built a better stand ..

So what else do i do.. as tank is cycleing..
Oh yea the power heads do i aim it on the rocks or above the rocks. being its a small tank .
Attached Thumbnails

Old 11-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Rice Planter
Reefer Ratings: (90 (99%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
hi Janey... maybe you can create some soRt of current/circular pattern for youR fLow in mine, one is aimed at the front and 1 at the back and anoTher towards the front... it'S liKe dancing... jiggy wid it
Old 11-05-2005, 03:38 PM
OG Member
Reefer Ratings: (84 (100%)
Friends: (14)
Send a Private Message
Hey Josh, my floors are perfectly level. But then again i have concrete slabs for floors.

Shims would be ok but try to shim the entire side of the tank and not just certain points because it the shims get wet and settle you are back to square one.

Kasei