janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Got sand in last night. Got my cpr bakpak semi working. its collecting but slowly.
got 2 power heads temp is about 78 . sailnity 1.24 ,

I also have ehiem with only floss filter in it . changing it and cleaning it every 4 hours or so. How I'm doing .....

LOLOLOL

Tommorrow gonna pick up some ive rocks from NSR250NYC...

Attachments

• 100_1300.jpg
    100_1300.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 179

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
Looking good, Your on your way to having a beautiful tank. After some LR and letting it sit until the mini cycle is over you can add a fish or two.

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
JoshSaul said:
Janey,

One question. Why is the tank not leveled? I see the water line is not even with the top line of the tank? If the weight of the tank is not evenly distributed, you may have problems like a crack or a leak in the future.

-Josh

:lol: JS, I was jusT taLking to Janey and she said the same thing :D ...she said it was her fLoors... :scratchch

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
you gotta get a level and some pieces of plywood or something to jack up the stand.
I dont think there's a floor in New York thats totally level.

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
try foam mats or something from hd or lowes. there is one not far from my house. you can check that out after you stop by my house tomorrow.

janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Ok My tank with some live rocks

I got from NSR250NYC ...

And yes i'm gonna use shims . But won't they mess up the tank stand ??
Which by the way i'm gonna try and built a better stand ..

So what else do i do.. as tank is cycleing..
Oh yea the power heads do i aim it on the rocks or above the rocks. being its a small tank .

Attachments

• 100_1310.jpg
    100_1310.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 59

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
:smokin: hi Janey... maybe you can create some soRt of current/circular pattern for youR fLow :afro: in mine, one is aimed at the front and 1 at the back and anoTher towards the front... it'S liKe dancing... jiggy wid it :D

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hey Josh, my floors are perfectly level. But then again i have concrete slabs for floors.

Shims would be ok but try to shim the entire side of the tank and not just certain points because it the shims get wet and settle you are back to square one.

Kasei

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: