Simon Clark

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:bigeyes:

Wow that's impressive. How have you dealt with keeping pests out of the tank?
Did you ever have to deal with AEFW's ? that's been a problem for some great acro tanks over here.

I have not had problems with them or red bugs myself I do have a lot of wrasses in tank. The pair of Adorned Wrasses are constantly working the bases of my SPS. The people who have had issues with AEFW's in UK it only seems to happen after treating tanks for red bugs

Simon Clark

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to share what you you think you do that contributes to the colors, especially the blue millie.

The blue Milli I always used to put down to running 10k and 20k lamp together, now I only run 10k and t5 blues so can't be high k lamps. I think its same with any SPS it will attend a colour if right conditions in Reef system exist i.e. nutrients are low, water clarity is maintained and the system is stable in terms of temp,ph,calcium,alk,phos,nitrate.

Simon Clark

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW AMAZING!!!
any chance of a FTS?

I'll see what I can do problem is you can't get a straight on FTS as there is not enough room in front of tank

Couple more picc's

This is now the large purple stag in tank this was taken in April 2003 and went into preivous tank

Edd 4.jpg

Same coral close up May 2006

IMGP0428.JPG

Here it is few months ago

036a1.jpg

Simon Clark

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood thank you!
What r the tricks and tips to have a awesome tank like yours? are u running a bacterial driven system? sorry for too many questions hope u dont mind.

I think answer to any sucessful reef would be stability, I personnally also like to overskim my systems quicker you get nutrients out of system the better. I do run ULNS its the Fauna Marine version which is far less complicated than other zeo systems

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Awesome tank....

Its is skimmed by a Deltec AP 902 and an H&S 3x1260.

Which skimmer do you like better? What is your opinion on running two skimmers in the same system? people alway regurgitate the comment multiple skimmers don't work well together in the same system. I personally did not experience that with running a large twin beckett and a large needle wheel skimmer in a 500+ gallon system.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: