ReefLover

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is simply awesome, this is the exact tank i want, what would you charge to do the plumbing, exactly the same. I would be buying the same tank and stand, no hood though, i am intersted in your exact set-up...thanks!

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
ReefLover said:
This is simply awesome, this is the exact tank i want, what would you charge to do the plumbing, exactly the same. I would be buying the same tank and stand, no hood though, i am intersted in your exact set-up...thanks!

Thanks for the compliments! I wouldn't charge anything... This was a total blast to do. sometimes it gets frustrating, but I enjoy it. If you get the same tank / Stand I can measure my pieces and give that info to you.

Rich

Last edited:

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Clean - Up Crew added...

I received my order from Liveaquaria.com...

20 - Dwarf Red Tip Hermit Crabs
10 - Margarita Snails
5 - Scarlet Reef Hermit Crabs

I aclimated them.... and as soon as I placed them into the tank... they went right to work. They are like lawnmowers!

The Dwarf Red Tips are nut.... no sooner did they hit the bottom and they were eating... the snails linda hung out for a few minutes then started moving around. The Scarlets, well the came out and moved around a bit then settled down and started eatting probably after 2 minutes.

ell I now feel like its all coming together...

Rich

ReefLover

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds excellent, i will let you know when i get my set-up and then u can tell me all the plumbing items that need to be bought, i am not good at all with plumbing that is why i am willing to pay, hey we need pics of those critters in tank, again fantastic work here.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Critter Pics... (Clean Up Crew)

A few shots of the critters which I received today.

Dawrf Red Tip Hermit Crab:
crab3.jpg

crab1.jpg

Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab:
crab2.jpg

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Chiller and some Fish

I went out and picked up a couple fish; Yellow Tang and a Potters Angle.

fish1.jpg

The Chiller I picked up is a Pacific Coast Imports CL280 1/10th. This thing is tiny and should be more then sufficient for this tank.

CL280tank.jpg

CL280.jpg

Rich

mmike1992

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
i have the same chiller works great and very quiet just two things with this chiller. The sensors are a degree or sometimes two off from actual tank temp. other than that good choice.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
CPR Large Refug (HOB) Setup

I received my ebay CPR Refug and mounted it to the tank and placed in 5# of Miracle Mud. I think I need more so I ordered 10 more pounds of Miracle Mud. I will probably put half in and save the rest for the first change.

I will have pictures when I get home tonight.

Rich

mmike, thanks for the info on the chiller I will watch it carefully.

ReefLover

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dude this tank rocks, i did not want to say anything before, but to me that big hood took away from the tank, now your tank is really hooked up....loooks great....keep it this way.....Ivan!

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
New sump installed this past weekend...

New20gSump.jpg

I removed my DIY Arcylic for a 20 gallon tank with glass baffles. I increased the size of the last (return) compartment to elimate having to top off every day. I also added another baffle which helps eliminate almost all bubbles from the flow.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
scarf_ace1981 said:
very nice. couldn't you have put the t5's into the old hood.

Well as another member mentioned (Reeflover) that huge hood took away from the tank. I think this thing is perfect just the way it is. I don't think I would use a hood if I can get away with using a fixture or pendants... much less heat this way.

With that hood I would get a 2-3 degree temp swing every day. I'm pretty stable now, but incase it does jump in the warmer months I bought the chiller. Now its a constant 79.

Rich

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: