Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Ohana, I've been dosing Lanthanum for quite some time now.;)

Tom, really? So you mean to tell me I've been wasting my time searching for those elusive FW tangs?LOL

The GHA in my tank is on the back rocks where I can't get to it, on the Koralias, and the some on the back glass. It's weird how it is not growing on any of the front facing rocks.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Seahare died a week later!:( Never ate any of the gha.

Fish are all doing well;
Flame Angel
Bicolor Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
Majestic Angelfish (my favorite of all fish);)
Little skinny Yellow Tang
Naked Clownfish
Nearly Naked Clownfish
Female Flame Wrasse

LPS corals are doing well, SPS not so much (lost color intensity).

Action taken now to combat GHA as well as the color intensity in the SPS; I've turned the white LEDs down to 50%, and reduced the photo period to 5hrs. The blue LEDs cut back to 70%. It has been approximately a week of the above.
Continuing normal 25% weekly RO/DI water change, running BRS GFO & GAC(Roxi) through BRS duo reactor, changing socks bi-weekly.
GHA on sandbed is gone. Still have GHA on some rocks, colors on SPS still faded.

Pars:
Temp. 78 - 80
Salinity 1.024
PH unknown (need to replace probes)
Alkalinity 8dkh
Magnesium 1400ppm
Calcium 450ppm
Nitrates undetectable
PO4 .08ppm

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Just an update

My Flame Angelfish has taken a taste to SPS corals so no more SPS! A little sad since I had some really nice SPS that were doing really well. But in the end I prefer my fish....;)

Still battling the darn GHA, may have to eat my words, and go get a bristle tooth...

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Wow, it really felt like it had been at least a year my tank was thrown into the forgotten To Do List. But it has only been 7 months.
Well, the GHA is almost all gone. SPS are all gone. Some LPS, couple of mushrooms, and a few zoas are still hanging around. The only fish left are 1 Ora naked clownfish, 1 Ora nearly naked clownfish, Flame Angelfish, and a female Flame wrasse.

Tank actually looks kind of sad, but that is to be expected since all it has gotten since last summer has been a couple of pellets for the fish mainly every few days, and ro/di top off.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Final update: Threw the towel in.

My tank after sandy 3 years ago just never truly recovered. Then came my body failing me, causing the tank to go without care for over a year. After a total knee replacement last December, followed by back surgery this past April I just couldn't care for it. To add insult to injury I have a couple of leaks that have to be repaired. No big deal just a bulk head one side, and PVC seal. :sad2:

Yesterday a friend came out to rescue the poor animals that were left. I believe that they have gone to a new home where they will be happy.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you for your kind words thirty6!

I have not decided what I will be doing in the future with the tank. Might just be going back to FW or brackish just so that I don't have to look at an empty tank. Financially speaking keeping a reef on retirement income is not feasible.

It was a fun, and exhilarating ride while it lasted!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Sorry to hear Awilida. A large reef is certainly a burden when everything is not right. I highly recommend a nano reef if you ever get back in to it in future months. Easy to keep, cheap to maintain, and a 10 gallon water change can fix any problem lol :) Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Sorry to hear Awilida. A large reef is certainly a burden when everything is not right. I highly recommend a nano reef if you ever get back in to it in future months. Easy to keep, cheap to maintain, and a 10 gallon water change can fix any problem lol :) Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Thank you Rich! :hug:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: