Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The Kitchen Tank,

brought to you by the letters

B and F,
as in Boy Friend,

and the number 50,
as in Hawaii, the 50th State, where one is not permitted by law to have corals or live rock in a tank in their home (or really in a lab without permission...)

The tank, light, HOB skimmer and pumps all belong to Chris Jury, as does most of the live rock and some of the corals in this tank. What you don't see in these pics are all the buckets and other equipment I sort of inherited when Chris left for Hawaii.... But they're not half as sexy as the pics that follow.....

Attachments

• kitchen tank.JPG
    kitchen tank.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 220
  • kitchen tank side.JPG
    kitchen tank side.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 221
  • kitchen tank st thomas, etc.JPG
    kitchen tank st thomas, etc.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 222
  • kitchen tank st. thomas.JPG
    kitchen tank st. thomas.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 223
  • kitchen tank frag.JPG
    kitchen tank frag.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 219
  • kitchen tank middle.JPG
    kitchen tank middle.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 223

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Kathy - thank you :hug:

Chraddam - there is no fuge on this tank, though I wish there were... I can't believe I've set up a sw tank that has 20 gal - the opportunity for grand failure is HUGE - the fact that I've set this up only shows that either I've got a lot of faith in myself, or that I've misplaced a lot of faith!

Russ - I am not yet sure about that one... It is clearly my tank at the moment. When he visits, both of my tanks somewhat become his - or at least I allow him to think so ;)

Chris Jury

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're both her tanks, though she lets me play with them when I'm in town. Of course, when she's here I let her play in my ocean...y'know, where there are actual coral reefs growing ;)

I couldn't have left my stuff in any better hands though. Looking great Tali, can't wait to see it! :D

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I love this tank, because it's an awesome idea to stare at a fish tank while peeling potatoes.

Thats a cool blue St. Thomas mushroom (?) Tahl.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Chris - you ~let~ me into ~your~ ocean???? hmmmm...

Potatoes, carrots, washing dishes.... all with a view! It's one of the best ideas I've ever had.

It is, in fact, a remora HOB skimmer, Andrew.

And yes, Quang, it's a St. Thomas blue, and it is my new favorite coral!!!! I LOVE this coral! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: