Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Thank you guys for all your comments. And Marc, I wouldn't be posting those pictures without your stuff:)
Anyway, since I found there was some new interest in my tank thread, I thought of posting some new pictures. Be aware, I'm still in learning process:)

First, I stocked my tank with 3 new fish and I'm full fishwise for now. I think I'm gonna add one more fish in the future and that will be it. It's gonna be either a firefish or a neon goby, that's my choices as for now. What do you think?
So here are my new inhabitants:

I bought a pair of two-spot gobys. Great fish and very entertaining, the only drawback is that they tend to create a sandstorms in the tank. I couldn't catch bought of them, but they usually swim together and already built their home under one rock:)

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

And finally a fish I wanted- Lubbocks fairy wrasse. His name is (given by my GF) Purpel and he is a little bit shy but very active guy. Difficult to photograph, too:)

DSC_0031.jpg

And my "old" fellas, pair of ocellaris clownfish (still didn't shot a nice picture of them though).

DSC_0033.jpg

Finally, some pictures of my new and older frags. I still suck when it comes to id'ying so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Zoas

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_00022.jpg

DSC_00042.jpg

DSC_00132.jpg

Leather I got from James (thanks man)

DSC_00092.jpg

Orange cup and hermit crab enjoying it:)

DSC_00112.jpg

I'm still crazy about monti cap corals, so if anyone will be selling some green and blue with purple edge montis on the swap, sign me in!

Some other shots of frags in my tank

DSC_00182.jpg

DSC_00052.jpg

DSC_00102.jpg

I recently thought about starting to dose some two part solution to raise my calcium level (currently I test it at 360) so I'll be able to keep LPS and maybe sps in the future. What will be the target calcium level for my tank in your opinion?

Thanks for all your help people, I'll try to keep up with updates and pictures.

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Get a cleaner shrimp or both. I have both a blood shrimp and a cleaner shrimp. The blood shrimp is aesthetically pleasing however, it hides in the caves all day, and is territorial. technically he cleans because he eats all the leftover flakes my fish don't consume. However, my cleaner shrimp not only eats the leftover food, he is constantly out and about the rockwork cleaning my fish.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I just shoot some new pictures and so I can share with you. Some frags are new (picked at the swap) and some old ones:) I'm a ricordea fan now, so if you have something for sale and live nearby, I'm more than interested. I picked up a neon goby today but it hides so I couldn't take a picture yet.

Zoas I picked up at the swap (you tell me what it is:) from I don't remeber who:)

DSC_0035.jpg

Rose nebulas. I'm so looking forward for them, I hope they'll thrive for me.

DSC_0037.jpg

Yuma I bought from wetthumbfrags at the swap. I so regret I didn't grab more ricordeas from Tina, she was so nice and had great prices too

DSC_0040.jpg

Blastos from crazymadcorals. Arent they great? Regret I didn't reserve the other ones:(

DSC_0051.jpg

Christmas favia I picked up from Marc some time ago. I glued a rock next to the frag and it starts to grow onto it:)

DSC_0052.jpg

TThose are watermelon zoas I think?

DSC_0073.jpg

And finally, a coco worm, also from the swap. I feed it rod's coral food, I hope I'm doing the right thing and it won;t die on me.

DSC_0049.jpg

And last one- two spot goby. Dirty glass ruined it, but here it is anyway...

DSC_0048.jpg

Reef Greek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. Wish I had read this thread before you got the twin spots though. They need lots of live food to do well or else they slowly starve. Tigger pods are a good way to supplement your tanks natural supply and a good idea would be to add a bottle of them to the sump. I have blood shrimp in my tank and they're fairly active and even clean my naso and watchman goby. Good luck and keep the pics coming. Promise to post some of mine soon.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I've done some pictures so I thought of doing a little update. Some things changed, some stay thesame. The two spot gobies are no more, they've perished some time ago. It's my fault, I shouldn't get them, they need a large tank for they nutrition needs. They've been eating mysis but that was not enough for them. Anyway, learn from my mistake and don't get them unless you have a lot in your sand for them to eat.
One big change in my tank is switch form T5's to LEDs. I am very happy with that decision as the tank looks way better now. The shimmering effect from LEDs is amazing and I found that some of my montis started to morph and look more colorful. We'll see:)
Also, the Rose Nebulas are the only zoas that melted and I'm so sad about that, I liked them so much. If anyone have them for cheap, please PM me.

OK, here are some pictures I took

DSC_0210.jpg

This is some LPS I bought from a LFS in Florida. I've got another one like this if anyone wants to trade.

Here's another one from him, this one is a keeper

DSC_0215.jpg

Zoas from my small collection. I am a zoanthid collector now:)

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

Please note that I have a frag of the ones in the center on the picture above. I will give it for free if anyone is interested. The frag contains of about 12 polyps

Goniporas under actinics

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

Ricordea Yuma close-up

DSC_0212.jpg

Some tank shots

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

And my fish:

Clowns pair and female in the second picture

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

A new guy, firefish

DSC_0294.jpg

And the sweet picture of my other new guy, blenny. This fish is my new favorite, has so much personality, eat from my hand and he is so funny to watch

DSC_0252.jpg

Thanks for watching my thread:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: