scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
For the rest of you pic ho's, I'll see what I can do about a pic later today.

swimmer

did somebody call me. :tongue1:

i also remember reading about this tank on nano-reef. it was great seeing the progress from eggcrate on rocks to the "masterpiece" you have now. not sure if i can call it a masterpiece since i haven't seen a FTS in a while.:lol:. too bad i haven't seen a FTS in a while:sad2:. it would be nice to see a FTS

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
did somebody call me. :tongue1:

i also remember reading about this tank on nano-reef. it was great seeing the progress from eggcrate on rocks to the "masterpiece" you have now. not sure if i can call it a masterpiece since i haven't seen a FTS in a while.:lol:. too bad i haven't seen a FTS in a while:sad2:. it would be nice to see a FTS

:lol2: Too funny. I tried taking FTS's today. Not a single one passed the test :sad2: I'm telling you, the focus goes kerplooyie, the color/white balance gets whacky and I get :mad:

I won't give up. But I won't post a crappy pic that doesn't depict the tank as it looks either.

Thanks everyone for your perserverance in pestering me to take the pix. It'll eventually work.

R

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try no flash and straight on pics. just adjust the exposure and coloration via ps or something.

i had a 72-bow and it was killer trying to get shots without reflections and odd colorations. very rarely did i get a shot i felt resembled what it actually looked like (usually too funky purplish).

i'd loved to see an updated fts too. :lol2:
this is only one of a handful of threads i'm subscribed anywhere. :thrash:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Tiny, thanks for the tips and accolades. I'll give your suggestions a try tomorrow.

Also, update on the Fu Manchu. Today for the first time he came out during the daylight hours. :thrash: Normally he only comes out at night. I think he's finally starting to feel comfortable knowing he's the only inhabitant in the tank and nothing to fear :biggrin: I've also got him eating ghost shrimp now.

R

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
How big is the fu manchu? Small enough for the 16g, or will he grow?

I love the way the bow magnifies everything in the tank- I took out something today in my 16g and was disapointed at how small it actaully was! :lol:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
How big is the fu manchu? Small enough for the 16g, or will he grow?

He's about 3" right now. They are a dwarf lionfish and he shouldn't get much bigger than about 4". He's the only fish in the tank, so he's got a decent territory.

Reefer420 said:
I love the way the bow magnifies everything in the tank- I took out something today in my 16g and was disapointed at how small it actaully was! :lol:

:funnypost: :lol2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: