anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
that is crazy t5s will not go good on that tank, JOhn has 400w mh over his new tank now. You are better to go with mh in this or if you are then look for the power mod from ati that is a good t5 light that puts out alot.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
If your asking what I would use if it was my tank.... Well then I would probably go with 400w radiums in a Lumenbright large reflector and supplement it with VHO. I am also experimenting with some acan lighting as well...However, this is not my tank and he obviously has these retro t5's and wants to make them work....

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
If your asking what I would use if it was my tank.... Well then I would probably go with 400w radiums in a Lumenbright large reflector and supplement it with VHO. I am also experimenting with some acan lighting as well...However, this is not my tank and he obviously has these retro t5's and wants to make them work....

i know you have acylic tank so is the top open on your tank? was not sure if I want to cut open the top on this tank b/c its for support

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Jarret I said it last time you asked about that and I'll say it again don't cut that..like you said it's for support! You don't want to take a chance..that is ALOT of water and you will have ALOT of animals in there. Best bet as far as lighting is 400w halides they will go good on top and cover the area you need. If you go T5's you will need ALOT more rock to get everything up top 300 will not be enough prob more like double save yourself the aggravation. Just think if you waste the time and money doing T5's and it's not enough then you have to get the halides anyway. Maybe you should ask Sanjay since he is the light expert to be sure. Good Luck bro I'm sure it is going to be sick!

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Jarret I dont know mh but I know your going to beed good ammount of lighting for that tank. Think and you love mh so the 400 would be worth it. Also Jarret a big tank like that is going some time. See what you can do and take it easy.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
i know you have acylic tank so is the top open on your tank? was not sure if I want to cut open the top on this tank b/c its for support

Jarret,
About 90% of the top of my tank is open....I would not recomend cutting away any crossbraces of your tank.

Here you can see the top of my tank....This is a 10' long tank but you can see the acrylic bracing when you blow up the pic.

Thane

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: