motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
ok so now that the tank is 3/4 full and took 4 days to get there i noticed water around the bottom trim.. not pouring out but its definitly leaking.. i made the mistake of trusting the lfs who said its leaking "here" and resealed "here" so obviously i screwed up bc i shoulda did the whole tank... now that i just drained all that good water.. i have sand in it.. what should i do and anyone have experience resaling tanks that wouldnt mind helping me out? its a 125 starfire... i live in central jersey..

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Obviously the tanks brand new to you put the sand in containers keep it covered in tank water with powerheads so it doesnt sit stagnant return the tank- have them fill it to show you it doesnt leak and then set the new tank up when you get it home. I know its a 125 and hard to move but I would make them make good with a new tank- you probably paid good money for it.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
its not brand new.. i bought it for 100$ bc it leaked.. sand is new so im not too worried abt that only fresh water has been in it.. the good sand and lr are still in tubs in garage in saltwater with heaters and pumps bc the tank im upgrading from i sold...

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ahh ok well then clean it out real good and let it dry out completely, buy a few tubes of AGA silicone- the 10 ounce size that goes in a caulk gun and redo all the silicon beads smushing it in with your finger using a latex glove- Ill give you a hand with it if youd like

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
To do the tank the rite way you must remove all the silicone and start from scrach. I know firsthand because I had a tank resealed by a "pro" and it still ended up leaking. Do youself a favor and take the $100 loss and get a new tank or a tank that doesent leak you will save a ton of money down the road.....

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
To do the tank the rite way you must remove all the silicone and start from scrach. I know firsthand because I had a tank resealed by a "pro" and it still ended up leaking. Do youself a favor and take the $100 loss and get a new tank or a tank that doesent leak you will save a ton of money down the road.....

Hate to do this to you buddy, but I am in 1000% in agreement with Tim!! I just wouldn't be able to sleep at night worrying about another leak.:(

You can always sell or use the tank for reptiles.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: