MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
very nice dendro....mine would be at least that big if I didn't frag it. How often do you feed it? or do they just catch what floats by from the fish feedings...I feed mine about 1-2 times a week and the new frags every day for a few days until they recover.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I feed it almost daily. At worse, every other day when I'm lazy. I usually try to feed as soon as the lights go out, so all the fish hide for bed time instead of stealing food from the dendro. If I feed with the lights on, the fish steal the food and I believe stress the dendro. I feed mostly hikari mysis to both fish and dendro. In terms of quantity, I feed about 3 of the hikari cubes to the dendro per feeding, and about another 3-4 to the fish. But I don't buy the cubes anymore since I go through a pound block in about 2 weeks.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
wow..thats alot of food....the small heads will get PE mysis and the larger I'll feed slices of silversides mostly, but I'll mix it up with alot of other meaty foods..clam, squid etc...whatever is in the freezer...the fish get the same along with Rod's food and the corals smaller stuff like coral frenzy, cylopeeze etc...after dark.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
The LED's are great, a HUGE energy savings over T5's, and a lot less heat generating then T5's as well. I have those computer fans over the heatsinks which are absolutely silent, compared to my T5's which I had a huge 20" fan blowing at the T5's to keep the lights and tank cooler(not to mention much louder). Over the summer, the heat wasn't nearly as bad as previous years. Since I don't use a 20" fan on the lights/water anymore, my evaporation dropped from about 2.5g per day to about 1g per day. The only thing I might have done differently is buy a manufacturer LED's because I'm having issues with my APEX controller in dimming, but that's really just me being lazy to fix it. (I believe its a hardware malfunction where its either on or off, and the dimming stopped working)
I will add, the T5's look visually brighter to our eyes, but the PAR measured is roughly similar.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: