anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Well after much looking around on alot of sites and researching about 40 breeders and flow rates and what works and does not I have come to a point where I am going to do a re build of the tank.

This is what I am planing on doing.

I am removing the holding pail for my top off water and I have built a trunk to hold a 30 gallon tank, I have included exaust fans on the trunk so there will be air present going and out of the trunk. I am going to hold my rodi water in the trunk. I am going to run a return line that is going to be drilled into the sump for easy add of water with a control valve, to control the flow of water (if needed)

As for the sump,

I am taking a 40 gallon tank and converting it over to a sump. I am going to include a chanber for frags and the racks I have already bored out the holes from acrylic. I am going to add 2 t5s on a icecap ballest, the bulbs are going to a 460 atinic and a ge 68k bulb., and of course the normal baffelds in the sump.

I am also adding a zeo chamber for the reactor. Brightwell neo zeo

As for lighting I am up grading to the ati sunpower 6x39 watts, and I am going to have this placed 10 inches above the tank for the first couple of weeks and I loswer it to have the coral aclimate to the light.

As for the tnak its self I have right now 65 pounds of rockin teh tank I am going to remove some rock slowely small pices and make room for coral frags, and swimming room for the blue eye card I am going to be betting once the hawlk is in a new home. I am swapping out the koralie 2 for a vortech mp10 and hooking them both up.

I already have 2 fans for the sump and another fan to attach to the tank incase the light gets to hot.

I have order a trade winds 1/2 hp chiller that I will hook up to a mag 4 incase of over heating of the tank, if the fans fail.

All in all this should be a good re over build it is going to take time and I have already spent more money then I have wanted to but since I am going for the last ha rah I am going al lout.

I do have a 60 waiting in the wing and I am going to be setting that up one day but I am going to stick with the 40 for now and do some changes.

Well let the fun begin and like dr lopez I am going to be taking photos and document everything.

O and one more thing I am going to be buying soon a controler for the lights and fans and heater.

I dont know if any one has this or knows of this but mtc I heard makes good cal reactors I have one now and I am waititng to find a co2 tank and the argronite that I order from bul reef to come in. Has any one done any research about these cal lreactors and then such. ???

Well thank you for looking and I am going to do some rock work this weekend so I will post status up dates and pictures.

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
dissapointing... tisk tisk. You know Ant, sometimes you have to get rid of the old things to get ahead. Sorry to hear your wifey won't let you setup that bigger tank. I see who wares the pants now. LOL!! J/K sounds like good planning to me! Dont rush it bro.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Well,

This is the up date as to what is going one. Noel is right i have to get rid of alot of things to move foward. I saw the light last night and I have to say this ati light is going to be the new lighting for the kitchen and living room since it is dam bright.

I have mike nu comming over on saturday to help me re aqua scape the rocks in my tank so I can have alot more room in the tank.

Nole I have a 180 custom siting at me parretns house that I am waiting for setting up and I can not up grade now because there is no room right now to put in a 100 and above so I have to stick with the 40 right now I might go to the 60 I have but I am going to see.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Progression

Well I recived the sump today from a good friend :tongue1:

I am going to have Mike come over this weekend and the baffs are going in and the sump is going up with the new frag area I built out of acrylic sheets I recived from George. ( thank you George)

As for the tank well I have cleared out the caps and other coral that I needed out to do the rock change.

As you can see in the photos I have already taken out 5 pounds of tongs branches I dont use and some base rocks.

Well more photos to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 336

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: