druluv

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have some bad news, seems like I have red bugs on some of my acro frags . I never thought this could happen because I only bought frags from good places. But I guess I'm wrong. These damn bugs are munching my corals away . I just don't understand, I thought I had everything under control, then this happens. . I'm just pissed of now .

I learned the hard way QT, QT, QT

CROP-Aqua_1_07004.jpg

Here is another one, I couldn't under stand why this one was taking a beating.
CROP-Aqua_1_07007.jpg

CROP-Aqua_1_07005.jpg

druluv

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
marrone said:
druluv

The tank looks good, like to see more close up pictures of the corals. I have a question on the lighting, I was running the same bulbs but 175watts instead of 400 watts and got great grow and the corals where open really big but the tank looked very yellow. Do you have this problem?

Michael

I would try and add some more blue lighting ie

VHO, HO, NO Actinics.

I like HO because they are skinner and you can fit more above the tank.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
druluv said:
I would try and add some more blue lighting ie

VHO, HO, NO Actinics.

I like HO because they are skinner and you can fit more above the tank.

I need to replace my actinic and have been trying a # of bulbs and it seems that the URI VHO Actinic is really blue and actually looks really good with the 10k Ushio bulb. If I would have know that I would have stay with the 10k Ushio instead of going with the 14k Hamilton.

druluv

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
marrone said:
I need to replace my actinic and have been trying a # of bulbs and it seems that the URI VHO Actinic is really blue and actually looks really good with the 10k Ushio bulb. If I would have know that I would have stay with the 10k Ushio instead of going with the 14k Hamilton.

I really love the look of 10k. Purple corals tend to look more blue to me.

Thanks nanoreefer22
I put some incepetor in the tank two days ago. Will report on the treatment later on today.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thats a lot of bugs on the acro.

I like your instant tank thread :)

Great job on rating the equipment, I have to go back and read your reviews.

-jonathan

druluv

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Since my tank has a large fuge, I decided to give more time for the treatment. Fish and corals didn't seem to mind so I let the treatment soak for a couple of days. I found a cool way to crush the pills. I used a hammer and pounded the pill within the packet; instant interceptor dust! The hammer didn't break the pill sleeve!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: