Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Eclipse System 12 Gallon with K2 Viper Metal Halide Light. Everything else is stock. Had this for about 8 months before upgrading.

This is about 4 months in.

_436096.jpg

This is about 9 months in. Notice the horrible placement of the clam. After this point I started asking a lot more questions and really took my tank to the next level.

fish_tank.jpg

k.jpg

Here are some photos of my 25 gallon upgrade.
I went from the hood light to a Viper K2 Metal Halide, to currently a 130 watt PC light with (2) 65 watt acitinic bulbs (1 blue, 1 white). I also now have a HOT Magnum hang on filter.

20101216_0181.jpg

18" x 18" x 18" glass tank

cloudy.jpg

water got a little cloudy.

tank6.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yeah, well the stand was kind of a last minute change. I thought that the 1/2" MDF would be sufficient, but its too high a risk not to have it on something more stable than that. Thanks for the responses everyone. Would love to hear any other suggestions on things such as corals, fish, or equipment that might help with the upgrade.

What exactly does an HOB fuge do? I don't have room for a sump or anything that would occupy much more space such as that.

I also need to sand down the clamps holding the light. As they are right now, the one on the right needs to be moved in a bit and the left needs to be moved out in order to make it sit straight. However the legs of the light run into the buttons on the back of the light, so I need to sand it down slightly so it can slide past the buttons.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Another issue that I'm also having is that no matter how I position the outwards flow from the filter it is creating a bunch of small little splashes so I am losing some water to that. I was hoping to extend the post down a little bit so that the flow would go under the top level of the water. Hopefully this would also reduce the sound of the water.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: