Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I would trade the clam. Your lighting really isn't enough for it unless you put it as close to the top as possible. Also when the summer comes, the heat might be enough to cook it. As for your skimmer, the one thing I noticed about coralife skimmers is that if you keep it in an area where the water is at a contant level, you dont really ever have to readjust it. I use mine as a HOB in my sump with my vortex in my 220 and as a stand alone in the 125. I love that stain btw.

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
O also your skimmer runs better if you run it as a dry skimmer. basically let it bubble about an inch after the red. You're gonna have to clean it alot, but its definitely worth it. For the media socks, I normally load it with chemi pure or ferric oxide.

doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
besides wanting to show off my new favorite corals! torch, and brain
<table class="setNav"><tbody><tr><td class="viewcount">
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table id="zoomedInMenu" class="menuBar" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
60%
DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

i wanted to discuss my sump. I got the following issues resolved due to the genius' of MR, i put my protein skimmer as a hob on the sump, its been working much better, it also made up for alot of room, i moved the electrical equipment away from the sump so now i can sleep better at night, and added gfo along with my carbon and chemipure elite. Now that i made the sump more efficient and easier to maintain, i was thinking about making the left chamber a refuge. I can move the water that goes into the filter bag into the middle compartment to flow through the bag into the sponge then to the return? is it worth it making a refuge? i would really like to add one to the tank if it would be beneficial. what i do not understand is how will pods from the refuge make it to the tank if there a sponge over the return. I also have a koralia nano laying around that i can add to the refuge(and a light) if i need more flow.
DSC_0221.jpg

Next ? <table id="zoomedInMenu" class="menuBar hover" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>

</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
DSC_0220.jpg
move this to the middle
DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

is a refuge possible? tell me what you think, i love advice, and suggestions, anything to make the sump better? i no i have a light picked out if i do go through with this, and i would alternate the light with the aquarium light!

doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pic updates!

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
DSC_0547.jpg

Next » <table id="zoomedInMenu" class="menuBar" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> File ▾ Delete Move Download

</td><td> Edit ▾ Resize Rotate Auto-fix Remove red-eye Crop Add text See much more...

</td><td> Resize ▾ 100 x 75 160 x 120 320 x 240 640 x 480 800 x 600 More options …

</td><td> Rotate ▾ Left Right Flip upside-down

</td><td> Share ▾

Post to website Send email Send to phone More options...

</td><td> Photo products ▾ Prints Get high quality prints of your photos in a glossy or matte finish. Photo products Photo books, mugs, posters, and more Skinit Photo skins for your phones, laptops and other devices. See more photo products...

</td><td> Send to phone
</td><td> Zoom in
60%
DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg
looks like a cool green tunicate growing!

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg
\
DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0548.JPG

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: