pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
ctxmonitor said:
warren, I have a question. Those mille( green and pink/red) that you have in your tank, how did you get it to grow like that? Did you mount it horizontally or it just happen to grow in that shape?

Did you grew all these from frags or some were brought as colonies? Do you dose your tank for anything?

Tom,
I did mount them horizontally off an edge of the rock. Some millis table out naturally though. The green milli tables more than the pink/red one.
They were pretty much just frags. The green one was about 5 long fingers that I won at a LIRA raffle for $5, and the red/pink (willie millie) Pierce had given to me at about 3 fingers.
I dose a little bit of iodide once a month for the inverts and on every water change, I'll alternate and add a bit of SeaChem strontium then magnesium to compensate for the IO salt mix.

Last edited:

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
That is some crazy growth, then. I remember one year ago when you don't even have a tank setup, :D All I saw was an empty tank and you were finishing up the overflow :)

How is the IO salt mix you been using? I hear they have low magenisum.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: