Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
dont you think the plexi will be kind of expensive? and also something that size will hang down. i have acrylic covers for the tank already. do you think i can just use those? i would want to get glass ones because these morph with the evaporation. and for the mangrove things yea ill try that tomorrow. i have one tree that reaches the surface so ill just do it with the other 4.
get a p[iece of styro and cut hole and leave the roots submersed till they grow large enough,
for the light get a large piece of lexi and add a space between it and the heat shield and the will help protect from splash's, fish will and can make a splash and 1 drop of water is enough to shorten light fixture out

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
oh i remember seeing some type of spray protective stuff. will that work?
get a p[iece of styro and cut hole and leave the roots submersed till they grow large enough,
for the light get a large piece of lexi and add a space between it and the heat shield and the will help protect from splash's, fish will and can make a splash and 1 drop of water is enough to shorten light fixture out

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
so thats why theres such a big swing but the fish it usually goes from 70 the lowest to 77 the highest i know its bad but ill be moving in there soon so that will stop.
As long as you're explained this to the fish, I'm sure they'll understand ...you're not really trying to kill them, you're just in a rush!

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
look at the graph lol, i know there was a big rise before Fortunato gave me the fish but then after that it stayed around 75 because my dad told me i left the heat on overnight so now im just keeping it on.
As long as you're explained this to the fish, I'm sure they'll understand ...you're not really trying to kill them, you're just in a rush!

Last edited:

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
dont you think the plexi will be kind of expensive? and also something that size will hang down. i have acrylic covers for the tank already. do you think i can just use those? i would want to get glass ones because these morph with the evaporation. and for the mangrove things yea ill try that tomorrow. i have one tree that reaches the surface so ill just do it with the other 4.

I can make you custom plexi glass covers. You saw when you came over how clean cut they are.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
bigass.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: