NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
The AEFWs were not so easy to eradicate, and it’s only recently that it appears they have been completely removed or at least to a point where I no longer see any evidence of them. In the beginning of this battle against them, I attempted both chemical and biological means. Chemically, I did many whole-tank treatments of very heavy, three-times the recommended dosage of Salifert's Flat Worm Exit, which seemed to help keep them in check but did not work fully towards their eradication. My best results were found when I regularly removed the few colonies that they seemed partial to and dipped them in Pro-Coral Cure (Tropic Marin). This also included searching with a magnifying glass for the almost microscopic eggs and methodically scraping them off with dental tools. This was perhaps a bit tedious, but in the end, well worth the effort. On the biological control side, I added a Christmas wrasse, but this fish seemed oblivious to my plight with the AEFWs.
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-04/totm/index.php

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Here's how my tank sits now.

no rocks, except for the ones with corals attached.

All livestock that's left is doing good.
2 ocellaris
1 neon goby (lost one when I pulled the rocks out)
1 blackcap basselet
2 cleaner shrimp
3 pepermints

I'm sucking out all the algae and flatworms whenever I do a water change. When I get abck into town, I'm going to do a big flat worm exit treatment, and then possibly leave the lights off for three or four days to kill off some of the bryopsis.

I'm going to need a tang for all the red ogo i STILL can't get rid of.

B

Attachments

• no rocks.jpg
    no rocks.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 133

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
oh, btw, the bulb on the left is a 8 month old Phoenix 14KK, and the bulb on the right is a brand new Ushio 14KK. The Ushio has to burn in to 'lose the yellow' i hope it does, because it's ugly right now!

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This tank setup is for sale. $2000 OBO.
Tank 58 gallon with 3 sides Starphire glass and external overflow.
Stand
15 gal AGA Sump with Ehiem 1262 return pump
Deltec MC500 in sump skimmer
DIY Kalk Reactor

Canopy
(2) Lumenarc minis that were changed over to 150W DE
(2) Icecap electronic ballasts
(1) Workhorse 3 T-5 Ballast firing a 24" Actinic
moonlights I need to fix before the sale.

Topoff bench with 29 gal AGA tank. Buzzer wired for filling, light wired for 'empty' top off.

I'm downgrading to an all-in-one. So this tank has to go!

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: