• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took out my Biocube florescents and added these LED strips:

http://www.current-usa.com/lighting/truelumen-led-strips

I bought the three-way splitter and running the following configuration:

4 bulb LED 12,000k White
4 bulb LED 453nm Actinic Blue
4 bulb LED = White / Actinic Blue

Been doing this for a few months now everything looks great. Temps are normal, corals are awake and my bubble tip hasn't moved once. Plus it was affordable.

Qnsnyc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Current USA Truelumen

I took out my Biocube florescents and added these LED

I bought the three-way splitter and running the following configuration:

4 bulb LED 12,000k White
4 bulb LED 453nm Actinic Blue
4 bulb LED = White / Actinic Blue

Been doing this for a few months now everything looks great. Temps are normal, corals are awake and my bubble tip hasn't moved once. Plus it was affordable.

How are these lights (Current USA Truelumen) in your JBJ? Looking to upgrade my current 14k HQI, but want to keep the hood. Any recommendations?

8pixel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
Depending on how much light you want, the stunner strips fit really well under the hood and the clamps can fit right in the screw holes that hold the fluorescent bulbs in place. A word of warning though if you're going to panorama pro route, they throw off quite a bit of heat (not in to the water) so there's a lot of condensation under the hood so every time you open the hood back there's a lot of water buildup. I had an actinic stunner and a blue/white panorama and I ended up having to raise the hood an inch or so open so water didn't collect under the hood.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: