CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have been 2 part dosing for about 3 mos. and it seems to be going wel, but it is like a full time job.
I have an ato, and go through about a 5 gal. bucket of RO every 3.5 days.
If i put enough 2 part in for 3.5 days. Is that as good as dosing evey day.?
Will the product be stable in the top off container?

THANKS

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I'm confused. What is the difference between mixing it in a bucket and entering the system through top offs, and mixing it in the tank. its going to mix either way no?

Teddy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
when u add the two solution together in a bucket and let it top off, the water is goin to evaporate making the solution a lot stronger than it is intended for

i think alfani is right, there was a thread about auto top off for two part solution, look in the DIY section and im sure you will find it

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
You can't mix the two parts together in a single bucket. If you mix them together it will solidify and thats something you can't dose.

When you put them in the tank, by the time you add the second part the first part has already dissolved into the system.

Try it yourself and see what happens..take a little of each and mix them in a cup.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Just so I understand. If my dose is 20 ml. per day of part 1 and 2.
3.5 day worth of product would be 70 ml. of each
This much product would be added to 5 gal. of water.
Would this ratio soidify????
And by solidify. Do you mean thicken the water?

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
as soon as you combine the two parts together the water will get cloudy after a while it will clear but most of the stuffs will be settle at the bottom of your top off container

Just so I understand. If my dose is 20 ml. per day of part 1 and 2.
3.5 day worth of product would be 70 ml. of each
This much product would be added to 5 gal. of water.
Would this ratio soidify????
And by solidify. Do you mean thicken the water?

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
You can't mix the two together in freshwater (your top off isn't salt water) and you are adding the 2 parts in their daily dosage to a lot more than 5 gallons of water at a time. If the the concentration gets too high, or if the 2 parts are mixed the calcium and likely other elements fall out of solution-- it looks like a snow storm.

There is a reason they sell it as a 2 part additive and not a 1 part.

If you don't want to add it manually daily, you need to either get a 2 channel doser, dose Kalk via a 1 channel doser, or get a Ca Reactor and not worry about it all that often.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: