jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well I just wanted to do a quick review of the CPR Nano Reactor that I decided to run. I was looking for something small that I could run GFO/GAC if needed. I came across this
http://************.com/2011/09/09/nano-mini-reactors-cpr/
It the on on the left. It is currently housed in my fuge section and running with bag of Chemi-Pure Elite. The contents of the bag have remain fluidized at least for the last few days. Not sure if it will remain that way as the bag becomes clogged, so that remains to be seen. It came with a RIO 90 pump and seems to be powered perfectly for this unit. It has the ability like most pumps to adjust flow. The water flows out of the top of unit and falls back into the fuge. I was concerned that that would be a bit noisy, but I really can't hear it even with the stand door open. I may change to GFO in the future and possibly GAC if/when I need it. I was considering pellets, but have read that flow should be diverted to skimmer and that is gonna be tough in my setup. All in all it seems well made and takes up little room. Unfortunatly I can't get a good pic because of it location in my sump. I'll see what i can do later for that. I think it is perfect for those with small spaces and wanting to run a reactor. It can also be put in the DT, but that would probably be an eyesore even with the black cover the sell for it. Here is a pic of it in pieces If anyone has any questions about it let me know. There are also some vid on you tube of it running. Thanks for looking
John
5e4e9e91.jpg

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The last week or so I have spent pretty much all extra money on some new coral. I just wanted to update my new finds. My pic skills suck. Part of it is that im working with only an iPhone, the other part is....well its me, I just can't take a pic. Here goes.
Jason Fox Setosa
03e09a00.jpg

ATL Limeaid Acro
c2721cac.jpg

Cali Tort
f4552da6.jpg

And a few others that I aquired over the last week
Superman Digi
7f7958e3.jpg

Superman Monti and a Unknown Acro
89f965c2.jpg

Here is a purple bonsia that bleaced under my previous lighting starting to make a turn around
ed13fe44.jpg

Got a few other new things, but like I said my skills with a camera are lacking and those are actually worse then the one I posted. Well thanks for looking.
John

Last edited:

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
20H build update

Just wanted to give a little update. Things were going well for a bit, then some problems struck.
First: I decided to add a bag of PhosGuard. Boy was that a mistake. I guess it pulled too much, too quick and I lost a few acros to RTN. There one night gone the next. Pulled the bag and since that has been fine.
Second: I started to notice that a frag of ORA Jeremys Monti that was doing very well did not have any PE. Afew days go by and I wake up one morning and find that it was completly eaten away. Upon closer inspection I find that there was Monti Eating Nudi's on it. Well I tossed that and inthe process I also lost a small Frag of Superman Monti, and Grinch monti. All gone. I pulled all the montis not glued down and dipped for a few days in a row and upon inspection I only noticed one more nudi on a purple cap. I have not seen any in the past couple of weeks so hopefully that was taken care of. I also did not find any eggs. My J.F. Setosa which usually has good PE has not shown any for the last week or so, and my Superman Digi is in the same boat. Both are epoxyed to the rocks they get inspected 2-3 times a day and with the exception of no PE they seem healthy with great color.
Third: I just noticed this.....Algae?(see pics) Showing up only on one side of my tank and more or less near the bottom. Yesterday I also noticed that the sun was shining through my skylights right onto the area. It is smooth to the touch, not slimey, and does not come off the rock easily when brushed or blown off. Definatly not diatoms or Dino's. Though I have not yet ruled out Cyano. And it does not have any flow to if that makes sense. The flow in that area of the tank is good, as it should be, I have a MP-10 in a 20H, set to reef-crest. The pump maxes out almost all the way during its high point. Any help on the ID would be great. Someone in another forum mentioned the possbility of it being sponges.
My Parameters are: Ammonia/Nitrites/Nitrates=0
Phosphates=.04 Hanna checker- I expect this is masked by the algea
Calcium=440
Alkalinity=8(at lights out)
PH=8.2(at lights out)
Here are the pics
a0b3744e.jpg

db969b44.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,
i'm new here.
great setup.
updates?

couple of questions:
- glass holes super nanooverflow con dientes vs 700 gph model?
- 1/2 ' vs 3/4 " returns?
- 1 mp 10 vs 1x mp20 vs 2 x tunze 6055 nanostreams?
- tunze 1073.015 return pump?
- are you pleased w/ current sump size and design?

Thanks in advance.
Keep up the good work.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hi,
i'm new here.
great setup.
updates?

couple of questions:
- glass holes super nanooverflow con dientes vs 700 gph model?
- 1/2 ' vs 3/4 " returns?
- 1 mp 10 vs 1x mp20 vs 2 x tunze 6055 nanostreams?
- tunze 1073.015 return pump?
- are you pleased w/ current sump size and design?

Thanks in advance.
Keep up the good work.

Update
902E9099-EAF6-4418-8EA7-CC8717567D9B-7322-00000A1076F5F518.jpg

Not sure what your referring to as far as your questions. If you referring to the 20 hight tank then an mp 20 will be way overkill. The mp 10 was more then enough. To be honest I was unhappy with that and feel I could have gotten better flow throughout the tank with two seperate PH. The 700 overflow would also be overkill and the sump design needed to move that kind of water would virtually eliminate the fuge section. Not a big deal though. I did like the setup for the sump. It worked well for me.
I took the setup down cause i need the spot for my 90.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean 1/2"' between baffles?

Ok thanks so basically. 1st 9.5", 2nd 9.5", 3rd 8.5", and 4th 7.5". Right?

Also I always read that spacing is normally 1" between baffles. Is it a 1/5" to help increase space in the sump or to help increase flow. I'm definatly following you suggestions just trying to understand the whole thing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was referring to your 20H tank.
if you are not satisfied w/ the mp10, what wpould be better?
instead? 2x mp 10 vs 2x tunze 6055 nanostreams?

Also do you recommend a 1/2" r vs 3/4 " return kit from glass holes?
Thanks for your reply!

Update

Not sure what your referring to as far as your questions. If you referring to the 20 hight tank then an mp 20 will be way overkill. The mp 10 was more then enough. To be honest I was unhappy with that and feel I could have gotten better flow throughout the tank with two seperate PH. The 700 overflow would also be overkill and the sump design needed to move that kind of water would virtually eliminate the fuge section. Not a big deal though. I did like the setup for the sump. It worked well for me.
I took the setup down cause i need the spot for my 90.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The 1/2 return is perfect for the nano overflow. A bigger return is just a waste of money, unless you get a bigger overflow. As far as the mp10, it is fine by itself, to be honest though I feel I would have been just as good with 2 koralia 550's, and then I could have saved $150. You do not need 2 mo10's. you can if you want, but you don't need them.
And yes, the spacing between the baffles is 1/2".

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the setup down cause i need the spot for my 90.[/QUOTE]

I already have the GH 700.
Would this still work with a sump/fuge like yours if I dialed down the return pump to 200GPH or do you think this will still be too much for the fuge or cause too many bubbles?

Thanks for your help and how is your 90 coming along?

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think you would be fine as long as you dial down the flow. If you open up the space between the baffles you could get more flow out of the sump. I would also go with thicker glass for the baffles.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: