nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
I've got that light over my 40br, it's definitely a TON of light for the tank IMO. I've got mine sitting as high up as the legs on the light go and running all 6 bulbs for only about 5 hours a day.

2 blue+ bulbs stay on for about 10 hours.

Keep your zoas low in the tank and be sure to acclimate anything new to your lights.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Doesn't that blind you sitting that high? It is very inefficient when placing a light that high means a large percentage spills into the room. That light is wasted and the amount you pay for that light puts that at a disadvantage. Maybe see if you can trade down to a four bulb light. Unless you plane on upgrading your tank soon.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I have a 6 bulb tek with the legs all the way up. the light spillage is not so bad over a 40b and with the amount of coral I have in my tank, I am sure they appreciate it a lot.

Then again... I'm not your average reefer. :lol2:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I had the TEK with the legs and I wanted all the light going into the tank and not on the floor.
I added some spacers from Lowes between the legs and the light. It lowered the light so there was no more leaking out. Even sprays aunties the spacers black.
I would not do this unless you have the shield in place.
I created a thread for it with pics.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: