unclebuck134

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I recently sold my 155 set up to go with something smaller. I picked up a
Mint 45g. Marineland cube (non RR) and I love the dementions. I plan on having my first go at sps in a mixed reef system

Here's the equipment list: (some on order)

45g Marineland cube (24"x24"x18")
Home built stand (24"x40") for more sump
750gph internal overflow kit (on order)
3/4" line lock return kit (on order)
120w Maxspect razor (on order)
200w finnex heater
Mag7 return pump
30L or 30b sump (haven't decided) with fuge
Crappy coralife skimmer (temporary)
50lbs marco rock (ordered) +about 20lbs live to seed
40lbs reef grade live sand (on order)

Some equipment I'm unsure of as of now (recommendations appreciated)

Water flow: I want 1 maybe 2 mp10s but budget will not allow ATM. What size korillas and how many?
Doser or reactor: plan on running a BRS carbon/GFO reactor but not sure about calcium (pros/cons on dosing or reactor?)
ATO:will be added after my cycle. More than likely a JBJ set up
Skimmer: will upgrade to Either vertex IN-80 or Reef octopus nwb110. And recommendations?

I am really excited about receiving my Maxspect. I have read lots of great reviews on the unit and I am eager to play with it and see its potential

Any recommendations or advice greatly appreciated. Will post pics soon. I really tried to plan this one out thoroughly. Not cutting any corners. I plan on having one of those small tanks that make people say "wow"!

Thanks to all the awesome people I have met from MR who made me even more hooked to this wonderful hobby we have. Thanks again for all the help

Steve

unclebuck134

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
here are some pics. stand is not the best looking but it will get the job done. it will look alot better when its skinned and finished. tank is filthy. waiting to get my over flow kit and i will clean it once the drilling is complete
IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg
my current holding tank for the little livestock i do have

unclebuck134

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
picked up some goodies today!

DB 20L for sump
Silicone
1/4" acrylic for baffles
and I splurged and picked up a Precision Marine RL100 from my LFS

Going to get working on the sump baffles today. I am proboly going to run a 10" water level and build a platform for the skimme as it calls for a maximum water level of 7". I also have to silicone the inside of my stand just in case.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: