Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Tank has been up and running for almost three years now, figured it would be time to post a thread about it.

5.5 Aqueon tank, filtration: Aquaclear 150 converted into a refugium (swapped the impeller with a smaller one to decrease the flow rate) using an Aquaclear sponge (inverted) chemi-pure and sponge/carbon pad. Other side has a mix of cheato and someother plants, snails are in and out of the fuge, depending on algae growth. Little found pump for flow and Finnex 16" marine led.

Livestock: watchman goby, two anemone crabs, pistol shrimp, three nassarius snails, two astrea snails, two Mexican turbo snails. Picked up five blue legs and five red leg hermits today.

Corals: trumpet coral (which I've had for almost three years, it's been fragged a few times) two separate ducan corals (one I've had for almost three other two years, fragged once) random zoas/polyps, gsp rock, clove polyps, ricordia, pagoda frag, anthelia (cut back a few times) bubble coral, one suncoral frag and one colony, two headed dendrophyllia (from Rookie) small leather I picked up last month and some small lps frag, I don't know what it is.

Attachments

• sw the start.jpg
    sw the start.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 287
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I do dose the tank (randomly) with alk and cal, Kents essential elements. I feed San Francisco mysis shrimp, Rods nano food, MarineSnow, Reef nutrition R.O.E., love black worms, brine shrimp, I soak in Selcon.

Attachments

• nite tubastrea.jpg
    nite tubastrea.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 266
  • tubastrea eating worms.jpg
    tubastrea eating worms.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 268
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My snails at work. Sometimes I'll keep the snails in the fuge and won't clean the glass for a few weeks. I like to see the pods running in the algae on the glass.

Attachments

• snails at work 2.jpg
    snails at work 2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 256
  • snails at work.jpg
    snails at work.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 252

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: