dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
So i finally got the tank filled and added LR/LS.. I have a few more things to buy while i let the water cycle, but its a good start.

Specs so far:

58g Oceanic, drilled
30g sump divided into three sections.
Ehiem 1260 return
Tunze 9005 skimmer
Aqua Medic 2x250 MH 14k + 2x 39w purple actinics
ViaAqua 250w heater

Approx 80lbs of LR and 60lbs of LS, both out systems that had been running for several years.

Had a couple softies hitch hick in on the LR too. Have about 8 mushrooms and 3-4 different types of leathers..

Still in the works: Controler, phosban reactor, Vortec MP-20, possibly a chiller..

pics:

img_1422.jpg

img_1425.jpg

img_1424.jpg

img_1427.jpg

Stay tuned, ill update this with some better pics once i start adding live stock.

I plan on having a few SPS, caps, LPS, zoas and rics.. open to suggestions of fish stocking!

dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Nearing the end of the cycle and almost ready to start stocking....

Im looking for some suggestions on LS.

For fish, i have interest in having a gold stripe Maroon clown, and maybe a couple wrasses, not sure what types..

I am also considering a Rose BTA to go wih the clown.

Other that that i will be stocking it with varius SPS and LPS as well as zoas and other softies.

Im looking for any advice or suggestion on stocking this thing! I will be stocking the sump with cheato, and adding a CUC next week.

Thanks guys

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Looking good so far. There are many different wrasses that would be appropriate for a tank that size. Check out Flasher wrasses , Fairy wrasses, and other small warasses.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: